Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2021, 11:04 AM   #1
dat

Vacuum breaker vs check valve

Probably gone over and over before, but I’m thinking that the black water tank vacuum break valve that leaks a little when brand new and sticks and leaks after it’s been on for a while can be replaced with an inline check valve, it would prevent water leaks in the RV and still prevent backflow to the hose, which unless the tank is over full and pressurized shouldn’t be able to siphon back anyway, is there any reason that a check valve could not replace the vacuum break valve? The valve is about a foot inside the tank flush hose fitting, no fumes should go through either one, but if the vacuum break valve fails fumes could come up by the kitchen sink, if the check valve fails, they would go outside, anyway, I’m thinking a check valve is the better choice, but if there is a reason not to use one, I would like to hear it before I mess up and do the wrong thing

Sent by string and cans
dat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breaker, check, valve