Old 02-08-2017, 03:35 AM   #1

Valve under Bathroom Sink purpose? 8329SS?

I can find nowhere the purpose of this valve, and the position it should be in under various circumstances. Connected up to water at a campground, which direction should it be facing and what does it do? Any help appreciated! Thanks! -David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	valve under bathroom sink marked up.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	286.1 KB
ID:	129434  

speedracerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 03:54 AM   #2

In your picture the way it is set allows the pump to pull water from the fresh water tank. When you flip the valve to where the handle is parallel to the line coming into it from the top it will pull from the winterization/antifreeze port outside. It's in the correct position unless your winterizing the rig.

Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:18 PM   #3

I have same valve on my Forest River (FlagStaff) 832-IKBS I had no idea what it was for. I just put a 3 way value in line before the pump to winterize. So now what position should the value be in for hookup to city water and when I do winterize should it be in the up position? Click image for larger version

Name:	20170206_145205.jpeg
Views:	114
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	129495
Old 02-09-2017, 05:24 PM   #4

The valve is ahead of the pump and should be in the position in the picture for using the tank or city water. When you connect to city water that connection is on the pressure side of the pump and the pump has a check valve so the city water does not flow back into the tank. That factory valve would remain the same if you put in an additional 3 way valve winterizing kit. Or you could just leave the new valve in the through position and capped, turn the factory valve to the winterization port line and use it.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:50 PM   #5

I understand and do appricate the response. I just wanted to confirm what I was thinking - we're on the same page. Thats what I like about this forum. Thanks again..

Tags
roo, sink, valve