Old 06-28-2017, 08:32 PM   #1
Novice Travel Trailer Guy

Valves How To

2018 Micro Lyte 25BRDS.

1) How do I use the Antifreeze Inlet? Where is location to close valve to tank or open valve to inlet?

2) Tank Flush Valves - Where is the "fullway termination valve"?

3) Fresh Water Tank Filter - I found the location. I never put the filter in. When I will be using the fresh water tank I will want to of course, but the container is currently full of water. How do I empty so that I can put it in? Is there a valve to bypass for something when needed to operate?

4) Hot water tank valve - how to bypass when needed for winterizing or?

5) Do I need a siphon hose on this model since the exterior has an "Antifreeze Inlet"? If so how do I hook up and where?

Okay, that about raps it up for this novice guy. I have asked many many questions that past few weeks and you all have been great in providing assistance. Thanks for your help.

Cheers!

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS Travel Trailer
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LTZ
benchmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:34 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchmarks View Post
Can you also help me with any of these?

2018 Micro Lyte 25BRDS.

1) How do I use the Antifreeze Inlet? Where is location to close valve to tank or open valve to inlet? My ML 2503S has a 3-way valve at the suction to the water pump. Find your water pump and look for the 3-way valve. You would turn that valve the other way, then turn on the pump to pump antifreeze from the AF inlet.

2) Tank Flush Valves - Where is the "fullway termination valve"? Never heard of a "fullway termination valve." To use your black tank flush connection, simply hook up a hose to it and turn on the water. There IS a vacuum breaker/anti-siphon valve in the backflush line to prevent nasty stuff from coming back into your backflush hose. This valve is probably located under your bathroom sink. It should be mounted vertically and be higher than your tank.

3) Fresh Water Tank Filter - I found the location. I never put the filter in. When I will be using the fresh water tank I will want to of course, but the container is currently full of water. How do I empty so that I can put it in? Is there a valve to bypass for something when needed to operate? The filter is used for both the FW tank water AND city water. Any time you want to change the filter it will be full of water. You just have to carefully unscrew it and have a lot of paper towels handy. A lot of us have removed the filter and use an external one because some of these filters have a poor track record of cracking and flooding you TT.

4) Hot water tank valve - how to bypass when needed for winterizing or? Your water heater is under your sink. There may be a "door" with 3 hinges, 2 on one side and 1 on the other. You unscrew the one hinge and open the door to get access. Close the inlet and outlet valves and open the bypass valve to winterize. (Handle in line with the piping is OPEN, handle perpendicular to the piping is CLOSED). See pic below. Note the pic has a check valve instead of a manual hot water outlet valve. You probably have a manual valve, not a check valve.

5) Do I need a siphon hose on this model since the exterior has an "Antifreeze Inlet"? If so how do I hook up and where? See question #1. You will need a short siphon hose to hook up to the connection and put in the AF bottle.

Okay, that about raps it up for this novice guy. I have asked many many questions that past few weeks and you all have been great in providing assistance. Thanks for your help.

Cheers!
Man, your PDI must have really sucked. See responses in red above. I'm attaching a generic plumbing pic. It's based on my ML 2503S, but with the various differences shown, probably covers 90% of rigs.

HWH bypass:
Click image for larger version

Name:	hotwaterbypass.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	143104
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RV Plumbing pic.pdf (194.9 KB, 30 views)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:43 AM   #3
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Man, your PDI must have really sucked. See responses in red above. I'm attaching a generic plumbing pic. It's based on my ML 2503S, but with the various differences shown, probably covers 90% of rigs.
Rockford gave some great information to the OP's questions.

I'm going to expand on # 2 as I believe when the OP references "fullway termination valve" they are talking about the blade valve on the black tank sewer dump port. I've heard that valve referred to as a "fullway" valve on more than one occasion.

You'll want that valve open when flushing and if you do close it for a short while the flush is running (common) DO NOT get distracted and forget it is closed or you will have a mess when the black tank fills and overflows from the roof and possibly other places.

I'm also going to say shame on your dealer for selling you a brand new unit and not covering the most basic R/V 101 things.

Quote:
2) Tank Flush Valves - Where is the "fullway termination valve"? Never heard of a "fullway termination valve." To use your black tank flush connection, simply hook up a hose to it and turn on the water. There IS a vacuum breaker/anti-siphon valve in the backflush line to prevent nasty stuff from coming back into your backflush hose. This valve is probably located under your bathroom sink. It should be mounted vertically and be higher than your tank.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=98
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:47 AM   #4

Given your level of understanding of the systems in your rig, you may have better luck getting and understanding the answers to your questions by taking the rig back to the dealer and having them actually walk you around and show you the things you are asking about. If this isn't an option try the search function at the top right of the page and search each item in your list for articles about that issue. good luck
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:14 AM   #5

Vacuum breaker valve on a 21fbrs

Need location
CHERV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHERV View Post
Need location
Most likely under your bathroom sink.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:48 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHERV View Post
Need location
Do you also have a Micro Lite 25BRDS?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:00 PM   #8
Novice Travel Trailer Guy

Yes

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS Travel Trailer
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LTZ
benchmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:48 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchmarks View Post
Yes
I was asking CHERV.
I know you have one, since you're the OP.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
valve