Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2020, 01:30 PM   #1

very little hot water in bathroom when i turn it on

i am having little or no hot water coming out of the shower in rv it seems to only be in bathroom comes out fine in kitchen
rb900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 02:40 PM   #2

if you turn on the shower hot water only do you get a full flow of water? ignore whether it is coming out hot or cold for now. just is it fully flowing. if it is not fully flowing you could have a clog in the line from the white stuff coming from the water heater.

if it is fully flowing but cold you might have the eater heater bypass valves set in the winterize position that allows cold water to bypass the water heater and flow into the hot water lines.
Old 12-31-2020, 06:23 PM   #3

not flowing but gets on real small stream
Old 12-31-2020, 06:36 PM   #4

If you open just the cold do you get full flow? Trying to determine if there is an obstruction or kink in the hot line after the kitchen and before the shower.
Old 12-31-2020, 06:41 PM   #5

Yes full flow on cold water this trailer is only 8 months old just started doing this a week ago
Old 01-01-2021, 12:15 PM   #6

Sounds like hot water is blocked somewhere in line. I wonder if it would be possible to close the hot water outlet valve behind the water heater and leave the water heater bypass valve closed, then open the hot water low point drain. Then open both the hot and cold valves on the shower, with the shower head button switch turned off to keep water from coming out the shower head.

In theory, I would think cold water would flow from the water source (pump or city water) to the cold water shower valve, backwards through the hot water shower valve and out through the low point drain, maybe back flushing what is in the lines?
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 01:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
Sounds like hot water is blocked somewhere in line. I wonder if it would be possible to close the hot water outlet valve behind the water heater and leave the water heater bypass valve closed, then open the hot water low point drain. Then open both the hot and cold valves on the shower, with the shower head button switch turned off to keep water from coming out the shower head.

In theory, I would think cold water would flow from the water source (pump or city water) to the cold water shower valve, backwards through the hot water shower valve and out through the low point drain, maybe back flushing what is in the lines?

That seems like a really good suggestion. I am now waiting to see the resolve.
campers302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 04:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb900 View Post
not flowing but gets on real small stream
A model and floor plan of your RV would help.
Do you have a split bath or combined? Have you checked the bathroom vanity for shutoff valves? Otherwise, possible clogged shower head or a kinked pipe. If you have an outside shower, is that draining water?
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 04:28 PM   #9

A clogged shower head would cause low flow from both cold and hot water sides.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 07:46 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post

This could work, but before going through all of that, I would remove the hot side stem/cartridge from the shower valve and let it rip at full flow. I would take a close look at the stem/cartridge to see if there is anything obvious stuck in there first, though. I would block the drain just to see what (if anything) comes out.

If low flow is experienced while doing this, or afterwards, then I would go with your method.

Bruce

Tags
bathroom, hot water, roo, water