Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #1

Washer drain.....trap?????

We have a washer in our 2010 36RE. The drain runs in a wall, comes out in the forward compartment and directly into a waste water tank. There is not a VISIBLE trap on that drain. Can anyone tell me if there is a HIDDEN trap in that wall??
valbourque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I think that is a good question for all models.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #3

Should have mentioned that my first thought on this matter was to email Forest River and ask my question. However I wasn't able to find a way to communicate with them. What I did find was this forum and I'm glad I did.
Does anyone know of an email address for Forest River or Cedar Creek??
Old 09-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by valbourque
We have a washer in our 2010 36RE. The drain runs in a wall, comes out in the forward compartment and directly into a waste water tank. There is not a VISIBLE trap on that drain. Can anyone tell me if there is a HIDDEN trap in that wall??
Mine has a typical trap in the space with the washer. Also nearby is the vacuum breaker for the black tank flush. Believe it's code under plumbing rules for both to be fitted. Mine is a GT378. Otherwise your space.would be pretty _________.
Mine was capped, added washer a few months later
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #5

Yes there is a trap and it is visible if you remove the right drawer. Makes sense that there would be one. Then when I was ready to pour some plumbers antifreeze in it, it struck me that i didn't have to because I pumped some antifreeze through the washer and there should be plenty sitting in the trap already.