Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2019, 10:38 PM   #1

Waste Master Sewer System

Can someone explain the advantages/disadvantages of the Waste Master System? I just purchased a 2018 3010DS Sunseeker which has this waste system. None of the disposal fittings or hose I have work on this. Would it be better to has the system changed out or is this the way the industry is going?
nuruls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 05:51 AM   #2

Don't do a thing. You'll love the WasteMaster system. Simple and very clean. I thought I would need a hose extension kit that you would need to buy from Wastemaster, but the stock hose on my 2019 Riverstone 38MB was plenty long enough everywhere we went last year. Compared to what I had to do with my toy hauler with 4 tanks, two hoses and a "T" connector, WM is a snap. One of the main reasons I got my Riverstone.
Rusty
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 06:22 AM   #3
Site Team

I used mine first trip, then bought an adapter and went back to my basic bayonet connection hose. Much simpler. And waste master hose cannot be forced through the open beneath the outlet. Have to run it through the open compartment door.
Bought a clear cap for adapter and good to go. (Pun intended)[emoji6]

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 03:20 PM   #4

I agree with Dcheatwood. I'm not convinced this is better than the bayonet system.

The Wastemaster was originally designed to be connected to the RV's sewer outlet all the time. For the squeamish RVer, all they have to do it pull it out and stick in the ground.

I have to disconnect mine to get it through the porthole in the bottom of the sewer compartment so I lose that convenience.

I will use it if I'm close to the sewer connection or at a dump station. For those times when I'm far away from the sewer, I have an adapter to use my two 20' bayonet hoses. The extension kit from Wastemaster is insanely expensive.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:21 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbutts View Post
I agree with Dcheatwood. I'm not convinced this is better than the bayonet system.

The Wastemaster was originally designed to be connected to the RV's sewer outlet all the time. For the squeamish RVer, all they have to do it pull it out and stick in the ground.

I have to disconnect mine to get it through the porthole in the bottom of the sewer compartment so I lose that convenience.

I will use it if I'm close to the sewer connection or at a dump station. For those times when I'm far away from the sewer, I have an adapter to use my two 20' bayonet hoses. The extension kit from Wastemaster is insanely expensive.
And I couldn't get it to fit or seal in the smaller PVC drains, 4" threaded".

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 06:11 AM   #6

"all they have eto do is pull it out and stick it into the ground.." That's the beauty of the system. I guess it depends on your application. I love having the hose permanently affixed to the tank. Also love the shut off valve right by the elbow. On my Riverstone Legacy it works like a dream. Just pull it out stick it in the drain. When you're done dumping and rinsing, shut the valve and tuck it away. Plus the hose is designed smooth on the inside so it rinses clean.
Rusty
Old 04-29-2019, 05:56 PM   #7

We love our WasteMaster. We did buy an adapter only because we have our Black Tanks pressure washed every year and the company’s use the bayonet. So it has the bayonet on one side and the WasteMaster connection on the other side. Plus if you have a company come to the site to pump you would need it. I didn’t pay that much for the connector.
alicemerrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 08:28 PM   #8

Icv800
I've been trying to figure out how to add the Wastemaster storage tube into the sidewall of my Cedar Creek. I think it can be done but will wait until the warranty is over before I try anything. It can be stored under the frame in a few different ways so I may try that. I really like the system. Much easier on my arthritic hands to attach and detach.
Old 05-01-2019, 05:42 AM   #9

Good luck tcrossan. I was fortunate as on my unit, it was built in with it's own storage compartment; just pull it out and stick it in the sewer. No hook ups, connections or anything. I think that's what makes the system so nice. Plus the design of the hose being smooth on the inside to facilitate flushing makes it really nice.
Rusty