Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2016, 09:00 PM   #1

Waste water drainage

We recently purchased a brand new 2014 Shasta Flyte/Breeze Model 255RS. Haven't even had it out yet. Anyway, when I was walking around it today, peeling off the dealer decals and loading some stuff, I noticed it has a black drain pipe with two levers in the rear and another black drain pipe near the front with one lever. I don't want to sound like an idiot, but is the one near the front simply for the grey water? As the kitchen is near the front. Does the one in the back (which is of course where the bathroom is) empty all the tanks (grey and black) if both levers are pulled out? Or do I need to hook up two separate hoses to drain them? Our old unit simply had one drainage pipe.
Thanks.
Mikeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:38 PM   #2

I don't have your model but on our 302fk the front drain is kitchen grey water the back drain the bathroom grey and the black water. Your dealer should have covered all that with you on your pdi.
Bear fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:47 PM   #3

Well Bear Fans, they did not. I think he just assumed I'd know and while I have absolutely no problem asking, I have gotten good responses on here before. So, to be sure, now I have to dump three tanks when I am at the dump station? Hook up the front, drain it, hook up the rear and drain those two? Lol. Thanks. The PDI was a quick walk around and walk thru. It could have been my fault, I might not have asked enough questions. I didn't even see the two separate drains until I was poking around it today. And I'll ask another idiotic question, on the underneath on the back just in front of the rear bumper are two shut off type valves, I am assuming one is fresh water drain and one is the hot water tank drain?
Old 03-05-2016, 11:48 PM   #4

I know I've read horror stories of poor pdi's. Yes sounds like you have 3 tanks now always dump the black tank 1st then the grey tanks that helps to clean your hose. I'm not sure but the other valves might be your low point drains for your plumbing.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:50 PM   #5

Oops read that wrong you said shut off valves. Again I can't be sure without seeing it but they may be valves to bypass your water heater.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:54 PM   #6

I'll post a picture next week bear. I'd like to be sure. But I think they are the bypass for the hot water. I'll have to search out the fresh water drain. Thanks.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:59 PM   #7

One suggestion if you aren't to far from your dealer you might ask if they can give you a good walk through. The maintenance shop at our dealership has been extremely helpful, we were given a good pdi but there is so much you forget or think of later to ask. Even though we weren't new to camping our new hemisphere had a lot our old one didn't and things are in different places.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:07 AM   #8

Yes. Your probably correct, I should do that and in fact I will.

Tags
drain, water