Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2015, 06:25 AM   #1

Waste water valve worries on Crusader 295RST

Hopefully someone amongst you knowledgeable people will be able to answer my questions.
Adjacent to the water docking station on my Crusader 295RST there is 1 grey and 1 black valve handle.
Apparently there is 35 gallons of black and 70 gallons of grey storage available which made me think there would be 2 grey tanks and 2 grey handles/outlets as in my old Flagstaff but there is definitely only 1 grey handle.
Does this 1 grey handle open 2 grey valves simultaneously or are the two grey tanks linked before the 1 valve?
I am thinking that there must be 2 valves as the shower seems to fill a tank quicker than if it was 70 gallons.
I am asking these questions for more than 1 reason.
When taking the cap off tonight to connect the waste hose I got covered in what appeared to be grey water except for the distinct smell of the chemical treatment that is only in the black tank. I would guess approx 3-4 gallons came out. Both black and grey valve handles were in the closed position.
In the 295RST all valve and connection are hidden with only 1 outlet pipe for all tanks.
I'm just trying to find out if anyone knows how it works before I start dismantling.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Samaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 08:28 AM   #2

Our crusader 325res has one outlet and three handles - two grey and one black

There is a black and grey pull in front of the outlet and another grey pull in the frame behind the outlet - the back one drains the kitchen/galley

You will usually have a small amount of fluid in the outlet when you open it if you do not wait until it drains fully - most people do not take the time to do this and close the valve and take off
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 02:51 AM   #3

Thank you Heavynlori.
I think I will just add an additional valve where the cap is so I don't get a nasty surprise again.

Samaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:25 AM   #4

Waste water valve worries on Crusader 295RST

Make sure to allow enough time to drain. I had a similar issue on my 290rLT
I have three valves also.

Ddubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:51 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaka View Post
Hopefully someone amongst you knowledgeable people will be able to answer my questions.
Adjacent to the water docking station on my Crusader 295RST there is 1 grey and 1 black valve handle.
Apparently there is 35 gallons of black and 70 gallons of grey storage available which made me think there would be 2 grey tanks and 2 grey handles/outlets as in my old Flagstaff but there is definitely only 1 grey handle.
Does this 1 grey handle open 2 grey valves simultaneously or are the two grey tanks linked before the 1 valve?
I am thinking that there must be 2 valves as the shower seems to fill a tank quicker than if it was 70 gallons.
I am asking these questions for more than 1 reason.
When taking the cap off tonight to connect the waste hose I got covered in what appeared to be grey water except for the distinct smell of the chemical treatment that is only in the black tank. I would guess approx 3-4 gallons came out. Both black and grey valve handles were in the closed position.
In the 295RST all valve and connection are hidden with only 1 outlet pipe for all tanks.
I'm just trying to find out if anyone knows how it works before I start dismantling.

Thank you.

I hava 2013 295 RST - 3 Dump Handles - 2 in the basement area One for the black tank one for the Grey (bathroom Sink and Shower) a 3rd handle is below the body this is for the galley tank (kitchen sink)

2012 Ram 2500 Hemi
2013 PT Crusader 295RST TE
GeoArm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:29 AM   #6

Model 295 RST Valves

I have the same model, the 295 RST. The "Island Kitchen Sink" has it's own grey tank. The dump handle is located just above the sewer connection. You will have to reach up and behind the outer skin of the trailer to feel for it.
A bad design in my opinion. At least the manufacturer could have put a sticker on the outside of the unit where the valve is located.
Fred H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
295, crusader, water