Old 05-13-2017, 01:04 PM   #1

Water bypass how to video?

Hi folks,

Does anyone have any videos or a photo how-to document on how to bypass the FR1 housing & KW 1 filter? I've seen photos, but I'm not that mechanical. It doesn't sound overly difficult, but I'm a pictures/video guy.

We have a Solaire 213x. Our 1st year, the filter popped off twice with water all over in that compartment. Not fun!

No problems last year with the filter, but finding the filters in Canada isn't easy either.

So after cruising the forums, it sure sounds like by passing it makes the most sense.

We use city water at times as well as the tanks themselves so I guess an outside filter would be good with the option of putting in in the compartment too?

I've tried to respond to the other threads on the bypass, but I get a system message that the threads are too old.

Cheers,
Brian

Keeblercamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 01:25 PM   #2

Lots of threads but I have not seen a video yet....

https://www.google.ca/search?q=water...EqS4jwSm9YOQAQ

Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped:2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019(28)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 08:19 AM   #3
WFD

They can all be plumbed a little differently so a how to video could be tough to come by. Have a good look at it and you should be able to figure it out. I just did ours and had to cut the pex on one side in order to get the filter housing unscrewed. After that it was just a matter of making a trip to Home Depot to get the appropriate fittings and a small piece of pex to join it all together.

Tags
bypass, water