Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyO
Water coming out of black check valve

I wanted to use the black tank flush on my Tracer 3150 and found water all over my floor and inside the kitchen cabinet. After cleaning up, took a few panels off and looked for the problem. No specific answers have been learned as of yet, but I see the check valve and it seems to be on. Reading some similar forums dose not help as those were mainly jammed with no water, but in my situation, the kitchen is flooding and the Black Tank is not getting any water. Any ideas on what I can to to fix it? If it is jammed, what am i fixing? I used it last year with no issues. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	32836  
2011 Expedition 5.4L 4x4 Limited
2018 Highland Ridge 275 Light
Semper Fi
JoeyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #2

Here is another picture, the image loaded sideways, but the check valve is at the top, it seems as waster is coming out of the check valve, maybe it's clogged? Not certain how to test for that. But let me know please.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	32837  
Semper Fi
Old 06-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #3

I think it's a vacuum breaker. You might try banging on it, but other than that, I'd think you would just have to replace it.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #4

I had a similar issue and the dealer called it an antishiphon device. I took mine off and used a plastic elbow to hold me over until the dealer orderd a new one for me, under warranty. Must be a bad design.

"Camping is not just a past time it is my relaxing way of life"
buskirk21921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by buskirk21921 View Post
I had a similar issue and the dealer called it an antishiphon device. I took mine off and used a plastic elbow to hold me over until the dealer orderd a new one for me, under warranty. Must be a bad design.
Yep, you don't want to leave that elbow in there. Siphoning your black tank into the public water system (or even your flushing hose) would not be a good thing!
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyO View Post
Here is another picture, the image loaded sideways, but the check valve is at the top, it seems as waster is coming out of the check valve, maybe it's clogged? Not certain how to test for that. But let me know please.
Did you (Winterize) the black tank rinsing system last fall? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Could be spring failed or jammed keeping valve in on line position. Don't fool with it, take it to Lowes or Depot and replace it. Any anti siphon device will work usually rated to 15 psi max. be sure you know which is inlet hose and tank hose. If the pressure side goes to vac. on a loss of system pressure it cannot back flow or syphon the black tank into the pedestal supply!
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Could be spring failed or jammed keeping valve in on line position. Don't fool with it, take it to Lowes or Depot and replace it. Any anti siphon device will work usually rated to 15 psi max. be sure you know which is inlet hose and tank hose. If the pressure side goes to vac. on a loss of system pressure it cannot back flow or syphon the black tank into the pedestal supply!
Make that 125 psi max rating
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #9
Campfire Master

It's easy to remove. I took mine off last year, took it apart and cleaned a considerable amount of saw dust out of it. Been fine ever since. If that doesn't work for ya, get another one from a dealer and replace it.

John
AVid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:49 AM   #10

Wow, thanks everyone! I got it fixed at the dealer - I was stressed and had to get it done. They mentioned to me it's common if you don't blow out the lines properly, this can happen.

I did my own winterizing, used my compressor and connected to the city water to blow out the lines. Should I also have blown out the black flush line too?

Thanks again everyone!
Semper Fi
Old 06-11-2013, 05:28 AM   #11

Quote:
Wow, thanks everyone! I got it fixed at the dealer - I was stressed and had to get it done. They mentioned to me it's common if you don't blow out the lines properly, this can happen.

I did my own winterizing, used my compressor and connected to the city water to blow out the lines. Should I also have blown out the black flush line too?

Thanks again everyone!
Bingo,that was my question in Post#6.I run Rv anti-freeze thru the rinse systems also. Blow job for winterizing a RV is not the best way. If you can see how all the plumbing lines are run you would understand why. Safe or Sorry,your choice? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:38 AM   #12

Got it! Thanks Yooroo! Lesson learned.
Semper Fi