Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2020, 05:34 PM   #1

Water damage under floor

I’ve already had one leak fixed under a secret compartment in the vanity area. The hot water connection was loose and dripping water under the bathtub. Seems like the dealership should have checked that before selling it to me. I bought it new. Then l thought everything was okay. Now l hear water running in my pipes when l do the dishes. It’s making the floors wet feeling when l walk across them. I bought a 33 pint dehumidifier and l have to dump it everyday. I’ve never been on one trip. Spent two months living in camper at the dealership to get a Dish mounted on it and they finally figured it out. I thought it was normal to have lots of humidity so I didn’t think anything much more about it until l walked into the bathroom on the end of camper and the floor looks like its warped downhill yesterday. I need a plumber to come help me fix it. My warranty wasn’t worth a flip. My door is warped too. The dealership changed names and wouldn’t fix anything. So lve paid on site RV service to fix what the dealership should have fixed which is really sad considering l would like to get a bigger RV but I’m not dealing with them. Can a regular plumber do RV plumbing? And how can l get my bathroom floor lifted back up? It’s sagging.
ForHevensake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 07:22 PM   #2
Site Team

Let's first start with year, make and model of RV you have since you didn't list it in your profile.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 07:48 PM   #3

i would compare prices of a mobile RV tech and a plumber... I will bet both could do the job, but the mobile RV tech would be more familiar with the inner-workings of the trailer and probably would be able to steer you right on the floor problem.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 11:08 PM   #4

Thanks for your reply. After researching a lot myself, I think they need an air hose to blow through the pipes once the water is turned off. And if they don’t have the tools, then I’m not paying $75 just to let them show up and fix nothing. I don’t mind paying for work to be done on my camper. I never had anybody pay me to drive to work. Lol. If l was an RV tech, l would give free estimates. That would be a great way to stay busy working. I sure wish l knew how to do RV repairs. I would open a business that’s for sure.
ForHevensake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 01:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForHevensake View Post
I’ve already had one leak fixed under a secret compartment in the vanity area. The hot water connection was loose and dripping water under the bathtub. Seems like the dealership should have checked that before selling it to me. I bought it new. Then l thought everything was okay. Now l hear water running in my pipes when l do the dishes. It’s making the floors wet feeling when l walk across them. I bought a 33 pint dehumidifier and l have to dump it everyday. I’ve never been on one trip. Spent two months living in camper at the dealership to get a Dish mounted on it and they finally figured it out. I thought it was normal to have lots of humidity so I didn’t think anything much more about it until l walked into the bathroom on the end of camper and the floor looks like its warped downhill yesterday. I need a plumber to come help me fix it. My warranty wasn’t worth a flip. My door is warped too. The dealership changed names and wouldn’t fix anything. So lve paid on site RV service to fix what the dealership should have fixed which is really sad considering l would like to get a bigger RV but I’m not dealing with them. Can a regular plumber do RV plumbing? And how can l get my bathroom floor lifted back up? It’s sagging.
My shower connection behind the shower unit was leaking from day one of being new, after 2 years the floor started to bubble in the bathroom, the dealer stopped trading after 6 months of me buying the TT, RV centre had to rip out the complete bathroom and replace the complete floor as went rotten, cost $6000 for the repair all because the someone did tighten the shower connection properly, if the floor has bubbled the floor will be rotted.
savi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 05:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForHevensake View Post
The dealership changed hands and the new ones do not want to pay to solve the previous owner's goof. I get it. (You dont EVER want anything to do with them now anyway, do you? Their chance to sell you something in the future just went out the window!)

BUT, the camper is still a Forest River product. Contact Forest River and tell them the issue. Ask for authorization to take it to an RV repair shop NOT the dealer who does not want to do the work.

You may be very pleasantly surprised.
Old 10-02-2020, 10:50 PM   #7

Every year I check tightness of all drain fittings, vibration, movement, hot and cold weather, these fittings can get loose. Check the sink mounts and all water fittings.
Daniel.mullins4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, water