Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2019, 02:17 PM   #1

Water everywhere and not a drop to drink

Good afteroon,
This is my first post as I am a new owner of a 2020 Cheyenne Wolf Pup 16BHS

We took our travel trailer to Ocala for its shakedown cruise on Thursday and Friday. I hooked up the water with a pressure reducer and went inside after about a minute or two. There was a hissing noise and I turned off the water out of an abundance of caution. I lifted the mattress and looked at the hookup under the section where the hose connection meets the interior and there was water all over the interior. As water finds its lowest point, it had also made its way to the opposite side of the camper under the bed storage.

I decided to check all of the female connections and they were barely hand-tight. Fearing the poosibility that was not the only issue, we did not connect the water for the duration of our visit. I also found some moisture under the sink where there was a connection. I hand-tightened what I could reach and had access to.

I ran the a/c for the 2 days we were there and it apppears it mostly dried what was visible to the eye. Some warping is visible on the walls about 2” high where water met the walls.

Knowing this is under warranty we plan on contacting Forest River as we are in Florida but I bought the trailer out of state and drove it back.

We took it in stride and enjoyed our trip without running water nonetheless but it was disappointing to be a first time RVer with the family and having such a significant system failure.

Any nuggets of wisdom to add before we contact Forest River on things we can do ourselves regarding the water system?

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B3454A1F-CB2A-4B96-BBBA-D86B9213217E.jpeg
Views:	83
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	211456   Click image for larger version

Name:	071B34BC-456B-4B8E-8FEF-E2F8D60B6B82.jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	211457  
Grover70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 04:01 PM   #2
Site Team

You can go around tightening all the connections you can get to, but that's about all you can do.

Since you're not near your purchasing dealer you may have a problem finding someone to work on it under warranty. Your best bet is to contact an independent repair service and have them look at it. You'll have to pay for the repair and then get reimbursed. Be sure to get pre-approval from Wolf Pup before they do any work.
Old 08-03-2019, 04:07 PM   #3

So they did not do a PDI with you with everything running and demo it all? Hope all gets fixed ... best of luck keep us posted I think you will find some help on here who to call.
Frank & Cindy--- (SOB) 5th Wheel ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed--- Payload 4394------Remi & Sage camping pups---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500---2019 48 days ---2020 28 days Camping
frank4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 04:26 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4711 View Post
So they did not do a PDI with you with everything running and demo it all? Hope all gets fixed ... best of luck keep us posted I think you will find some help on here who to call.
Wondered this myself.
I made sure the selling dealer had all systems running, including pressurizing the water systems.
Pretty standard PDI/walkthrough recommendation, on every RV forum I belong to.
That and spending the first night, either near to the dealer or in Camp Driveway. Just in case something goes wrong.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 06:53 PM   #5

Before I randomly went around tightening things, I would have turned the water back on to find out exactly what was leaking. Then fix accordingly. Now, if something you tightened fixed the problem, you wont know what it was.
Wolf26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 08:21 PM   #6

To avoid more water in the trailer charge the system with air pressure. Listen for leaking air and tighten fittings as needed.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water