Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2010, 08:56 AM   #1

water filter

what kind of water filters do you use? We are ion a campsite that is permanent and the water smells horrible. We have an outside camco charcoal filter on there at the moment and it seems to be doing an ok job, but was curious if any of you folks found one that you like better,
does anyone use the CuZn filter by Aquatmate? I came across this filter by chance and was wondering what your thoughts are, if currently using it. We let the water run for awhile before we turn our HWH on, and it seems to help out,,however, it still has a slight smell,,,we also did the clorox flush too...just plain stinky water.....
blue eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:05 AM   #2

We use a Dupont whole house filter mounted inside the basement. Using Dupont cartridges the water is awesome. No smells and taste is great. Typically the water in the northwest region as a whole is pretty good as far as smells though, so I may not be the best tester.

The filter housing kit with cartridge is 29 bucks at WallyWorld. 2 packs of replacement cartridges are 10 bucks. Might be worth a try over the add on hose bib filters.
2006 Sierra F28 Rear Kitchen 5th Wheel, 31' = 10k pounds.
Nights camped in 09-14, 2010-23
Mr. Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:27 PM   #3

For odors, cartridge type filters that contain activated charcoal are best. Odors are generally sulfur or microbial. Fishy smell or putrid odor is bacteria and rotten egg odor or gunpowder smell is sulfur/sulfate/sulfite/sulfide.
turbopuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #4

WOW, I am glad my beer has no smell, that could be the end of camping
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:18 PM   #5

I second that Rockwood 06