Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2023, 02:21 PM   #1

Water Filter location

I cannot for my life find anything which tells me where to find the water filter on my 2019 T263BHXL - Salem Cruise Lite. I have looked under the sink, under the back bunk (where the water heater is), under the tub, under the closet, under the sink in the bathroom, inside the access panel under that sink...well you get the point. The city water connection is further back than I can get to under the bunk and there is no access door or anything close near that connection.

I have opened pretty much all the inside access panels I can find. Does this model not come wth one? If so, where should I check next?

Thanks for your patience. I have tried searching but the only results I came up with either showed some kind of inline application which is mounted on a wall somewhere or deals with other models. Those are the spaces above which I have already checked out.

Doug
djailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 03:40 PM   #2
Pickin', Campin', Mason

They are typically near the water pump since they filter both city water and fresh tank water.

With that said, many models do not come with a water filter and about your model year is when they stopped putting them in some units because of the issues with the canister blowing off. (mostly from being installed incorrectly)

Did you buy used?
Did it come with a canister wrench?

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 03:48 PM   #3
Site Team

Moved thread from the Tech and Repair section to the Salem sub-forum since the OP is asking for model-specific information.
Water filter locations vary by brand or model number.
OP, do you even know if it came with a factory water filter? I'm not aware of any entry level stick and tin trailers having them. Even the current models don't appear to have them:
https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/cruise-lite/263BHXL/6664

Sent from my SM-G781U using Forest River Forums mobile app
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 01:07 PM   #4

No, I don't think we got any accessories like a cannister wrench. We bought it brand new in 2019. I saw so many posts talking about them I assumed I had one. Looks like I don't.

Thank you very much for your expertise!

Doug
djailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, location, water, water filter