Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2010, 06:32 PM   #1

Water flow issue

This is our first year taking our new Cardinal out of storage and we hook the city water up to the trailer and the water goes into the unit, however, when we turn on a tap, the water flows well for a couple of seconds then to a trickle. We are unable to get consistent pressure. Any ideas of what we are doing wrong?
nicholls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:02 PM   #2

water pressure

The first thing I would check is to make sure all your low point drains are closed. If you removed the element from your water heater, replace andopen all valves. Then I would start at the closest faucet to the water supply and allow enough time to get the air out. Then work your way thru the camper to all other faucets. Make sure you open one at a time and both hot and cold vavles. I usually run about 20 gals thru mine to allow for all antifreeze to be washed out. Make sure you open shower head to, nothing worse than a antifreeze shower. Good luck, hope I helped.
gilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:33 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

First thing to check is for a pinched water hose connected to the trailer. If you are using a regulator, remove it and test. Also test the flow and pressure coming from the spigot you are connected to. Once all of those are good, the problem is in the trailer. I would open the "pop off" valve on the water heater and check for flow and pressure. If that was weak, I would suspect the city water inlet check valve. Just coming out of storage, I would also be checking for busted water lines, looking in cabinets and checking the floor for water. Good Luck.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:55 AM   #4

You're aerator on the faucet might be clogged. unscrew the part at the end of the spout and dump out the sediment. Let us know if you found the problem.
turbopuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:28 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopuppy View Post
You're aerator on the faucet might be clogged. unscrew the part at the end of the spout and dump out the sediment. Let us know if you found the problem.
IMO a clogged aerator wouldn't give a good flow to
start and then slow to a trickle.
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:27 AM   #6

It could possibly be your water filter, that is hooked into the water inlet, generally under the kitchen area cabinets. They have a cartridge inside them that could be stopped up. Just a thought... Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:30 AM   #7

There is a screen at the city water connection where your water supply connects to the camper, make sure it is clean. If you left a low point drain open you will be able to see the water running out of it as you walk around the camper. DO NOT TURN ON THE HOT WATER HEATER until you know you have full flow of water. Check your water regulator.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:55 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08flagvlite View Post
It could possibly be your water filter, that is hooked into the water inlet, generally under the kitchen area cabinets. They have a cartridge inside them that could be stopped up. Just a thought... Randy
I put another water filter in at the beginning of the season, and my water flow was just like the Oper's. I took that puppy out, and now use an inline filter from Walmart at the campground faucet.....much, much better.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilby View Post
The first thing I would check is to make sure all your low point drains are closed. If you removed the element from your water heater, replace andopen all valves. Then I would start at the closest faucet to the water supply and allow enough time to get the air out. Then work your way thru the camper to all other faucets. Make sure you open one at a time and both hot and cold vavles. I usually run about 20 gals thru mine to allow for all antifreeze to be washed out. Make sure you open shower head to, nothing worse than a antifreeze shower. Good luck, hope I helped.
I will give this a double check on the wkend and reply back if it works. thanks.
nicholls is offline   Reply With Quote