Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #1

Water Heater Problem

I have a 2010 Silverback and replaced the water heater element but still get no hot water on electric, propane yes!! I checked and I am getting current to the receptacle that it is plugged into. Any thing to check that I may be missing?? Thanks for any help! Rick
rt2439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt2439 View Post
I have a 2010 Silverback and replaced the water heater element but still get no hot water on electric, propane yes!! I checked and I am getting current to the receptacle that it is plugged into. Any thing to check that I may be missing?? Thanks for any help! Rick

Here are a few thing to confirm/check.

1. I am assuming it is a Suburban water heater you are talking about? If so, is there a little hidden switch on the front of the water heater to turn on the electric heating element.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ore-36197.html

2. The electric heating element can only work if you are plugged into a form of 120 volt shore power. I assume since you stated you are getitng current to the receptacle, then you are plugged in.

3. Also, the AC side hi-limit thermostat could be bad/tripped.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #3

Thanks for the reponse! the switch is on and has worked before. i turned it on at the first of the season with no water in it and burned it up. what voltage should show on the screws at the element?? i did see an ohm test on you tube for the element, thinking maybe i got a bad new element?
rt2439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
Site Team

You might want to check the hi-limit/temp thermostats. You can push to reset them, and they are under the rubber covers. These links help show where and how.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...gas-28412.html

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ton-35197.html

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, water, water heater