Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2020, 01:35 PM   #1

Water Holding Tank VS. City Water

Hi all, New to this site and also new to RV'g. Just bought a Sabre 36BHQ. Living in it full time. So were at our RV home site and hooked up to the city water. Working great all day. Went to bed and in the morning water was leaking out under the RV. Come to find out the water holding tank was filling up and full. So drained the water holding tank last night empty and went back to city water again. Same thing this morning. Im guessing that there is some type of valve that shut down water going into the fresh water holding tank. Anyone know where I should look for this valve or maybe a switch of some sort. Help help..... Not knowing what I'm doing is embarrassing search You Tube and couldn't find anything. Anyone know.
Thanks all. This will be one of many posts I imagine.
PamsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 01:51 PM   #2

your check valve on your water pump is stuck open and filling fresh tank disconnect and release water pressure then run your water pump and it will probably unstick itself. this is a very popular topic in this forum and there are 100's of threads on the subject.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 02:27 PM   #3

Ok so not to sound dumb but this has happened now two nights in a row. Ive done the same steps twice now.

I shut down the city water at the main, shut off the water heater. Then I go into the bathroom turn on the water cold only start to let the water flow I then go over to the water pump and turn it on. I leave the pump and water faucet on until it is completely drained all the water from the holding tank. Go to the panel and check to make sure it registers empty. Once done I then shut off the pump and go back outside and turn the valve on the main back on for the city water and turn on the water heater.

So when you say disconnect and release water pressure where would I do this step in the above? Sorry again don't mean to sound dumb.
PamsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 10:18 PM   #4

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7335.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	224422
I have this pic saved in my phone so I don’t have to search if I need it
(Thanks Flybob)
Fluffywhitedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 03:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamsLife View Post
Hi all, New to this site and also new to RV'g. Just bought a Sabre 36BHQ. Living in it full time. So were at our RV home site and hooked up to the city water. Working great all day. Went to bed and in the morning water was leaking out under the RV. Come to find out the water holding tank was filling up and full. So drained the water holding tank last night empty and went back to city water again. Same thing this morning. Im guessing that there is some type of valve that shut down water going into the fresh water holding tank. Anyone know where I should look for this valve or maybe a switch of some sort. Help help..... Not knowing what I'm doing is embarrassing search You Tube and couldn't find anything. Anyone know.
Thanks all. This will be one of many posts I imagine.
My first trailer, Geo Pro 19FBS and the one i just ordered, mini lite 2205S both have a shower miser. Recircs water at shower until hot water comes through. saves water. second time i camped in my geo pro and i was hooked up to city water i had forgot to turn that valve (at shower) off of the recirc postion and woke up to water overflowing tank. No need to recirc with city water. Lesson learned.
baseballbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
city water, tank, water