Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2022, 02:25 AM   #1

Water Leak Fitting Type Help

I know this is talked about and probably covered somewhere on here, but forgive me, I couldn't find this specific question.

Like everyone at some point, my 2022 Geo Pro 19FBS finally has its first water leak. It's very minor, but we don't want it to get worse.

My question is about this specific compression fitting on the hot side of the hot water heater bypass valve. I've seen the pex all over, but this one hose (presume its there due to the more than 90 degree curve) isn't pex and uses a different type of fitting.

I'm posting two pictures, one up close and you can see the fitting and the small leak of antifreeze, as well as a farther away shot.

Can someone shed some light on how to proceed? Do I cut it and use a hose clamp? Should I try and replace the plastic valve while I'm at it?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0473.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	287.5 KB
ID:	282666   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0486.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	315.3 KB
ID:	282667  
appleincfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 08:15 PM   #2

It is a pre-manufactured water heater bypass kit:
https://www.amazon.com/Tiara-Water-H.../dp/B086LGKCW7
You pretty much have to replace the whole assembly.

You don't have to replace it with the exact same model though, there are higher quality parts available. Kits with metal valves and metal fittings on the ends of the bypass hose.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 09:56 AM   #3
Dave

Hello,
I suggest getting brass bypass valves and replacing the whole tubing assembly. I have a 2020 Forest River Puma that sprays water everywhere every time i turn on onboard pump for pressure in cold weather. The crimp on pex fittings all leak when cold-tubing shrinks and can easily rotate tubing on fittings by hand. Underbelly split and insulation pulled out everywhere because of this garbage. Done this since it was new! Really need to cut off pex connectors and reinstalling new connectors with your own good quality crimping tool. Worst products and craftsmanship to be found on any product. Good luck with yours.
davel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak