Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2018, 08:42 PM   #1

Water leak to washer

I believe I have a leak in the pipe going to the washer in my bedroom closet. There is water dripping outside from inside where the fifth wheel hitch comes out from the bottom front of the rv. Also, the floor on that side of my bedroom squeaks.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? How can I tell?

Thanks!
Calsiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:50 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calsiera View Post
I believe I have a leak in the pipe going to the washer in my bedroom closet. There is water dripping outside from inside where the fifth wheel hitch comes out from the bottom front of the rv. Also, the floor on that side of my bedroom squeaks.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? How can I tell?

Thanks!
Find that leak ASAP. Pressboard wood (flooring) does not play well with water. Pull the washer out of its hole and inspect the floor.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:24 PM   #3

The floor in the closet feels dry. The hookup does not leak. I'm afraid it is under the floor wherever the pipe comes to the spot it comes up to the washer... between the insulation and flooring, maybe?

2017 Sierra 371 REHB
43 ft. Fifth Wheel

Old 01-19-2018, 09:34 PM   #4

Was the unit winterized? If so, was pink RV antifreeze used? Is the water you see dripping clear?
If your floor squeak was because of a leak, your carpet would be wet also.
You could have a leak around your front cap or on the roof that would leak out at the hitch area, or you may have a clearance light leaking. Has it rained lately?
Travel safe

I Catch Fish......What is your SuperPower?
FordHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:51 PM   #5

If the leak is under the floor your ok. can you open the underbelly?? If your seeing a drip I'm guessing it's at a seam?
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:56 PM   #6

I live in it. Yes, it rained yesterday and last night. The water is clear.

My rv is a 43 ft. 2017 fifth wheel. I wouldn't think it would have these problems. It has moved only once.

If it is a clearance light leaking would the water travel like this and come out from under the bedroom?

Thanks for all the ideas! If I have to take it in, I need to hire someone. Then I'm out of my home, too.

2017 Sierra 371 REHB
43 ft. Fifth Wheel

Old 01-19-2018, 10:07 PM   #7

If the leaking clearance light is one of those in the front cap, yes that is possible.
Since you live in the unit talk to Forest River about a mobile tech doing the repair.
You should be able to prove or rule out the washer hose leak by turning off the campground water supply and turning on your water pump. If it builds pressure and turns off and stays off for 5-10 minutes then I would say you have no leak to the washer.
Travel safe

I Catch Fish......What is your SuperPower?
FordHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:35 PM   #8

Thank you so much for your help. I will do this tomorrow. Hopefully., they can send one out soon. We are finally getting into the winter mode here in northern California and I really don't need leaks with snow on the horizon.

Thanks!

2017 Sierra 371 REHB
43 ft. Fifth Wheel

Old 01-19-2018, 11:17 PM   #9
Always Learning

I had water leaking out of the front overhang of my fifth wheel. The inside was dry. I believe that I traced it to a spot on the roof that needed more sealant (mine was 5 years old, though).

A newer camper doesn't mean a leak free camper.

Are you willing to get onto the roof? You should check everywhere that there is existing sealant and make sure there aren't big cracks or openings in it. Also make sure it's well adhered to the roof. And finally, look for miscellaneous other cuts in the roofing material.

If you can't or won't get on the roof, a mobile RV tech can take care of this for you. Coming from a fellow full-timer, there's no need for you to take this to somewhere and drop it off.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:36 PM   #10

Thank you! There is a mobile tech in my area. I can contact him.

2017 Sierra 371 REHB
43 ft. Fifth Wheel

Old 01-19-2018, 11:41 PM   #11

Curious about how much water is dripping. Ours drips on occasion. And wondered if it is moisture build up due to condensation from heat.

The only time I notice it is when I get up early on a really cold morning and we had the heater running good and warm ;-). Mine is a wet spot just below the pinbox, both sides about a foot in diameter
2011 Starcraft 392BHUw/Andersen No-Sway

chaps2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 01:17 PM   #12

“Calsiera”

If you have been washing a lot and have your gray tank valve close you could have over filled your gray tank and it’s over flowing at the washing machine drain pipe.
bajamike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 01:51 PM   #13

Excellent suggestions so far.
We had a trailer once (Carriage Royals International) that leaked around both bedroom slides due to poor workmanship where the water found it's way down the front landing jacks. What I'm saying is inspect the slide out seals cause you never know .....
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 05:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calsiera View Post
Thank you so much for your help. I will do this tomorrow. Hopefully., they can send one out soon. We are finally getting into the winter mode here in northern California and I really don't need leaks with snow on the horizon.

Thanks!
You are just getting into the "winter mode" on January 19th? Did you just move the trailer there?

Let us know what the mobile tech finds.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 01:38 PM   #15

bjlakatos...That is exactly it! Sounds like we have the same problem. It has been cold here lately and my problem sounds just like yours.

Thanks so much for your input!!

2017 Sierra 371 REHB
43 ft. Fifth Wheel

Old 01-21-2018, 01:41 PM   #16

Thanks! I do not close my gray tank; only the black. I think we found the answer thanks to you all!

2017 Sierra 371 REHB
43 ft. Fifth Wheel

Old 01-21-2018, 01:48 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
You are just getting into the "winter mode" on January 19th? Did you just move the trailer there?

Let us know what the mobile tech finds.
Luckily we have not had near the weather folks in the south and east have had. Last year was a real wet year for us, letting our reservoirs stay at a decent level for most of the year.

Our November and December have been drier than normal but we are supposed to get snow tonight and more in a couple days. We do need a bunch more.

Our main problem has been the massive fires and then a good amount of rain on bare lands causing the landslides and mudslides. I live above Sacramento heading toward Reno so our area has been very fortunate.

Thank you all and travel safe!

2017 Sierra 371 REHB
43 ft. Fifth Wheel

Tags
leak, water, water leak