Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2018, 07:38 PM   #1

Water leaking into shower at night?

In the morning, I often find a couple cups worth of water in the bottom of the shower pan. I am hooked up to city water.
Best I can tell (by taping paper towels in various places and seeing what ended up wet), the water is coming from the base of the pylon the shower control valve is mounted to. But it only happens at night. It does not appear to be an active leak, just a random thing.
My theory is that the pressure builds at night and eventually causes a leak around the weakest point in the system (apparently the connection to the shower control). Thankfully, the water goes into the pan, but may be going elsewhere as well.
Does my theory make sense? And would a pressure regulator solve the problem?
Thanks in advance!
Todd
tshryock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:29 AM   #2

I can't say for sure thats the problem but pressure build up at night when no one is using the camp water may be causing a sharp pressure rise. I recommend using a good pressure regulator no matter where you are when hooked up to city water. I have the adjustable type and highly recommend it. I set mine at 40 pis. almost Forgot I would pull the mounting and tighten the fittings in the shower.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, show, shower, water, water leak