Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2009, 07:00 PM   #1

water lines vibrating

are there some short flexiable hoses out there to install by water pump to keep water lines from shaking around whole trailer?
twobuckmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:07 PM   #2
Knower of Some Things

Yep. Shurflo manufactures them. Otherwise, you can make your own from Flair-it fittings and braided 1/2" line. Another quick fix for rattling lines: pipe insulation. Just wrap the lines, especially where they are vibrating together/striking walls/cabinetry. Use the stuff from home centers that can be had for pennies per foot.
PumaPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:26 AM   #3
Site Team

First to FRF.

Home Depot and Lowes (and I'm sure many other places) sell braided supply lines with 1/2" NPT ends. Buy a couple of those and add them at the pump. You could also use Tygon tubing and some barbed fittings but I trust the premade hoses more.

You might have to cut the ends off the PEX tubing at the pump and replace them but they sell the fittings for that too. Just check first so you'll know what all you need.

You might also want to mount the pump on some vibration damping material while you're at it.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:09 PM   #4

Thanks much this a great place for information. I will go to Menards and get two hoses.It is still snowing here in centeral WI. So I will be ready
Old 03-25-2009, 08:41 PM   #5

I only have the shaking problem when running the water pump (not city water)...will these fixes cure that problem or do I have something else going on?

2006 Avalanche 1500 w/6" lift
2007 Suburban 2500 4x4 w/4" lift
2008 Salem 26TBSS
P3 Controller
4 lil' ones & a Hottie for a wife
TravelSoftballDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:56 PM   #6
Knower of Some Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelSoftballDad View Post
I only have the shaking problem when running the water pump (not city water)...will these fixes cure that problem or do I have something else going on?
It should cure you're problem. The vibrating is coming from the pump, especially when it is under the max load just before the pressure switch shuts it off. It is mounted on rubber bushings, so it can shake around quite a bit. Don't eliminate the rubber bushing, though. It will shake out of the floor. Don't ask me how I know that.
PumaPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:01 PM   #7

Mine are only with the pump running also
Old 03-26-2009, 03:09 PM   #8
Campfire Master

One thing I found that works also is to take an old mouse pad and put it under the pump. Just tightened the mounting screws enough to hold the pump, but not enough to compress the rubber grommets and the pad. Doing that plus the foam pipe insulation really healped out.

John
AVid is offline   Reply With Quote