Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2021, 05:30 PM   #1

Water Miser Question

I have read through a lot of the Water Miser threads but think I have a question yet un-answered. We have a 2021 Rockwood fifth wheel with the Water Miser system. My question is this, normally when boondocking, after the initial wet down, we push the 'shut off' button to cut off water flow while soaping up. Then to rinse we push the button again to rinse off. Can the Water Miser be used for that 'shut down' period? Seems logical that water could be off in the sower while returning to the fresh tank and through the water heater at the same time. Am I thinking correctly or would this be a bad idea for some reason? Like overworking the water heater or something like that? Thank you in advance for your thoughts on this.
AZ4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 07:31 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ4ME View Post
I have read through a lot of the Water Miser threads but think I have a question yet un-answered. We have a 2021 Rockwood fifth wheel with the Water Miser system. My question is this, normally when boondocking, after the initial wet down, we push the 'shut off' button to cut off water flow while soaping up. Then to rinse we push the button again to rinse off. Can the Water Miser be used for that 'shut down' period? Seems logical that water could be off in the sower while returning to the fresh tank and through the water heater at the same time. Am I thinking correctly or would this be a bad idea for some reason? Like overworking the water heater or something like that? Thank you in advance for your thoughts on this.
Not really it's before the shower head shutoff, so if you activate it, water will start flowing again into your water tank.

If you're hooked up to city water, just don't use it an waste the water till it's hot.

If you're bookdocking on fresh tank, use it to get the water hot then shut it off.

It can also be used to fill fresh water tank when on city water (with shower on cold) to avoid having to move the hose to the fill port.

Hope that makes sense.

Tags
question, water