Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #1

Water no getting into camper

I bought my 2007 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS 2 years ago and didn't have a problem. Didn't open it last year due to work obligations, so when I opened it this year and attempted to hook up to city water, the water started leaking out of the red and blue pressure valves under the camper, with nothing coming out of any faucet. I talked to the local dealer and she told me that somewhere "hidden" inside the camper were pressure valves that may have cracked or failed and that I would be able to replace them for about $10 bucks each. Problem is where are these pressure valves located? When the water was on, I heard the water running under the tub/shower, are these valves located in that area? Would appreciate any assistance anyone have offer. Also next to the red and blue valves under the camper is a box with a switch that slides back and forth, would also appreciate info on that as well. Thanks
ginnchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #2

No clue about the switch, but i suspect you are seeing water coming from the system low point drains. Look inside right above these lines and you should either see two valves or find a hole that you can look in and find the valves. Close them and see what happens.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:02 PM   #3

Yes, the water is coming from the low point drains. When you talk about looking inside are you referring to inside the camper under the tub? If so I will check that out. Appreciate the help.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnchris
I bought my 2007 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS 2 years ago and didn't have a problem. Didn't open it last year due to work obligations, so when I opened it this year and attempted to hook up to city water, the water started leaking out of the red and blue pressure valves under the camper, with nothing coming out of any faucet. I talked to the local dealer and she told me that somewhere "hidden" inside the camper were pressure valves that may have cracked or failed and that I would be able to replace them for about $10 bucks each. Problem is where are these pressure valves located? When the water was on, I heard the water running under the tub/shower, are these valves located in that area? Would appreciate any assistance anyone have offer. Also next to the red and blue valves under the camper is a box with a switch that slides back and forth, would also appreciate info on that as well. Thanks
Is your hw heater under or near your shower?
The water you heard running was probably water filling into hw heater.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #5

The hot water heater is on the other side of the camper, so I know the running water I heard wasn't that. I definitely heard the water running under the tub, which means the valves I need to look for are probably under there somewhere.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnchris
The hot water heater is on the other side of the camper, so I know the running water I heard wasn't that. I definitely heard the water running under the tub, which means the valves I need to look for are probably under there somewhere.
Valves should be directly above the drains that you see the water running out of
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #7

Thanks everyone. I will be checking under and over everything around that area. The camper is set up at a lake so it's possible that some critter decided to snack on something since no one was around the camper last summer or throughout the winter.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Since you were working all the time, did you winterize the camper? Might have frozen a line, and that could be anywhere.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

It sounds like it was left as winterized with the low point drains open. Are you sure that there are valves for the low point drains. There's no valves on mine just a screw on caps. Are the ends of the drains threaded?

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plumbing, pressure, water, valve