Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #1

Water pressure regulator.

Is this a reliable water pressure regulator? I have a 2013 grey wolf 26bh.Ive heard some people say to turn water off when you leave the campsite if you have a cheap regulator due to the risk of the regulator failing. Is this a good regulator this is what I was advised to buy from my dealer and i think I paid 25 or 30 bucks for it. I'm a first time camper. Thanks in advance.

Grey9712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #2

I was also told to use this with it
Old 03-16-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
Always Learning

They're all good. I use an expensive pressure regulator from RV Water Filter Store .com because it regulates pressure without affecting the flow/amount of water you get. We "need" good showers in our camper because the 3 of ; of us have long thick hair.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:14 PM   #4

Thank you!
Old 03-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #5

OK stupid question here. Which one will you hook to the camper first? If it was me I would connect the 45% angle to the campers water hook up and then the regulator. Does it matter what order they are connected?
spierce617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #6

I connect the 45 degree angle to the camper and the pressure regulator on the end of the fresh water hose that connects to the campgrounds water spigot.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #7
Director, FROG

As Oakman says, the 90-degree elbow connector attaches to the RV to keep the hose from kinking when attached. The pressure regulator is attached to the campground faucet, and then the hose is attached, so that the pressure regulator protects both the hose and the RV water system.

Faucet ==> Pressure Regulator ==> Hose ==> Elbow Connector ==> RV

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #8
akstarret

Water Regulator Valve

That is the same one we have used for the past 6 years with our old TT. Worked awesome except for the time my better half hooked up the water (that was always "MY JOB") and for some reason took the regulator off the hose as he thought the extra brass piece that was on the CG tap was a regulator. Needless to say he blew the pipes in the back of the TT at the outside shower. We spent the next day driving around to get parts so we could turn the water on again. Valuable lesson learned. 2nd Lesson learned, we no longer have his and her jobs. haha
16K Superglide
starret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
As Oakman says, the 90-degree elbow connector attaches to the RV to keep the hose from kinking when attached. The pressure regulator is attached to the campground faucet, and then the hose is attached, so that the pressure regulator protects both the hose and the RV water system.

Faucet ==> Pressure Regulator ==> Hose ==> Elbow Connector ==> RV
We're always discovering more of your talents Bob. Who knew you are such a great keyboard artist?

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #10

That is the exact regulator we use. Until we got that one, we used our onboard water and ran the 12V water pump to get enough pressure for a decent shower. Now we don't need to do that. Also, added the "oxygenics" (sp) shower head. Now we have decent showers.

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:45 AM   #11

Faucet, shower blow out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by starret View Post
That is the same one we have used for the past 6 years with our old TT. Worked awesome except for the time my better half hooked up the water (that was always "MY JOB") and for some reason took the regulator off the hose as he thought the extra brass piece that was on the CG tap was a regulator. Needless to say he blew the pipes in the back of the TT at the outside shower. We spent the next day driving around to get parts so we could turn the water on again. Valuable lesson learned. 2nd Lesson learned, we no longer have his and her jobs. haha
Well folks I never worried too much about water pressure but did note in our travels some folks shut off the city water valve/spigot when leaving their unit.
A month or so back, had to replace the valve on the toilet and when I hooked the city water up to test the toilet valve, which worked good, got this sudden noise of water blasting against the shower door which was fortunately closed. The cold water valve blew right out of the shower faucet unit. Plastic of course and as my dealer said "all of them are"! So now I'm looking for a water pressure regulator because I do not think I can remember to turn off the danged city water valve if we leave the TT.
"All who wander are not lost."

2009- 42 days; 2010-40 days, 2011- 40 days. 2012- 30 days,
2013- 14 days, 2014- 21 days, 2015- 42 days
2016-17 days, 2017-zero days
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:59 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Well folks I never worried too much about water pressure but did note in our travels some folks shut off the city water valve/spigot when leaving their unit.
A month or so back, had to replace the valve on the toilet and when I hooked the city water up to test the toilet valve, which worked good, got this sudden noise of water blasting against the shower door which was fortunately closed. The cold water valve blew right out of the shower faucet unit. Plastic of course and as my dealer said "all of them are"! So now I'm looking for a water pressure regulator because I do not think I can remember to turn off the danged city water valve if we leave the TT.
"All who wander are not lost."
Not sure what you meant in your last sentence, but having a water pressure regulator will not stop the flow of water in the event a water valve blows out of a faucet! We just turn off the spigot when we leave the trailer, turn off pump if dry camping.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #13

That could have been a real disaster if you hadn't been there. I wonder if it would have been prevented by having a regulator to begin with.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote