Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2017, 02:04 PM   #1

Water problems

Hi everyone!

I am new to the forum and RV living. We full time right now in a 2008 Rockwood Roo 23SS. We have been in it for about 4 months now. We are experiencing some water issues.

1st. There is pressure build up after several hours of not running water. Especially at night. It causes water to drip out of the hot water connection under the kitchen sink. When you turn the faucet on there is a lot of immediate pressure and then it slows down.

2nd. Our water flow seems restricted. We have been at a couple of different parks with the same issue. I have changed out the pressure regulator and cleaned the screen off going into the camper.

3rd. When you turn on the hot water there is a weird humming/whining noise coming from the water heater.

Thanks for any info you can give me on any of the issues I am dealing with.
Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:24 PM   #2
Site Team

What kind of pressure regulator do you have? The inexpensive regulators are really restrictors and after a short time the pressure on both sides will equalize. Then when you use higher volumes of water, the flow will appear restricted. You need to get a true regulator usually about $60-$80 (ieValterra A01-1117VP Brass Lead-Free Adjustable Water Regulator)

These will hold the set pressure regardless of flow. Occasional drips from the over pressure relief valve is possible due to the expansion of the heated water and the lack of sufficient air space in the top of the WH. With regard to the noise from the WH when running hot water, I assume you are running it on 110VAC. What you are hearing is the heating element heating up and heating the water around it. This is perfectly normal.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:28 PM   #3

Thanks for the help flybob. It's a pressure regulator from Walmart. That might answer a lot of problems I guess. Lol! I will get a better quality one.

I am actually running the WH on propane. Burner is working fine.
Moore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water