Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2017, 05:12 PM   #1

Water pump on FR3

Hi All, It's been a while since I've been on and I'm still a newbie. I'm getting to ready to take my 2015 FR3 out for the first time this season and filled the water tank to clean out the lines and the water will not come out of faucets, fill in toliet or shower. I have a full tank, the light is on for the water pump, am I missing something? It was working at the end of season last year. Please help! I'm leaving to go away on Tuesday. Thanks in advance!!!!

Tricia
citygirlcountryheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 06:56 PM   #2

You should be able to hear it running as it builds up pressure. If you don't, check for a fuse.
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 09:07 PM   #3

Thanks, I did check the fuse and it's fine. I hooked up the hose to the city water tank and was able to to run the taps and every. That's when I heard the humming noise but once I stopped that - nothing....the light wouldn't go on if it was burned out would it?
citygirlcountryheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 06:29 AM   #4

Did you have it winterized? You should have a winterization valve. Is it in the correct position?

I don't know where it would be in your rig. In mine it's next to the water pump (but I have a bumper pull)

You might need to listen for it and find it that way. More than likely it's in a cabinet (which may need to have some screws removed or something else) to gain access.
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 12:39 PM   #5

If ur getting water when hooked up to city there is not much to the system. First, I would open tank drain under coach Two outlets/ back one/ make sure not Tank stoppage. There should be filter on outlet side of pump/ check for blockage/ should be valve to send water to a hose after pump rather than to coach. Switch valve to hose / pump should cycle on and u will right by it thus will hear it. I assume you heard run.
Bearister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 04:14 PM   #6

Just pulled my Shurflo pump today. Was working when we were out. When we got home it doesn't work. Slight "humm when the power is on. Opened up the pump side and it won't turn. Will replace with the 3rd Shurflo pump in 3 years. 1st one the backflow quit working.
JimMorrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 04:22 PM   #7

If the light comes on for the water pump do you hear the pump running? If not then you may have an issue with a low battery. Check the battery to assure that you have at least 12 volts to run the water pump. IF the battery checks good then I would check the battery voltage where the 12vDC wires attach to the pump. IF you get the same voltage at the pump as the battery has then you probably have a pump issue. As "JimMorrell" indicated, these pumps go bad often.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:46 PM   #8

I would say like 007matman said your Winterization valve is in the wrong position, the valve is the white valve next to the pump and should be in the position it's in on the attached picture for fresh water supply.

It's located in the right side compartment with the label that says "low point drain" open that compartment and there is a plastic cover with a white screw on cap you remove and gain access to the valves. Your water heater bypass valves are also in there and are probably also not set for fresh water supply but still in Winter bypass. I also added a picture of those valves, I removed the plastic panel with the white cover so you don't see them in the pics.

Pictures are from a 2014 FR3 30DS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170808_204836_resized.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	301.1 KB
ID:	148933   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170808_204906_resized.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	294.8 KB
ID:	148934  
brucepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 04:18 PM   #9

Water issues

Turn the valve nearest the pump 90 degrees. You will have water, when the pump is on. I turn it off, when connected to city water to avoid water from dripping from my coach.
USMarinesDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 12:08 AM   #10

Hello, I am new to this forum. We have FR3 32ds and I am still learning how to operate this RV. About the water pump and water heater, should I have both valves point upward? Another question, if I fill up my fresh water tank is there a over flow valve to let me know my fresh water tank is full? Thank you very much.
Sunski_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 09:40 AM   #11

Water pump issues

Good day everyone first time posting. We bought a new used2014 36ft Sabre fifth wheel and the pump is running but not pumping! One of my family members did leave it on for a long period of time with no water in the tank and I think it is buggared. Does anybody know how or where to access the pump. I think I know where it is but not sure how to get to it!! Thanks
Alberta boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fr3, pump, water, water pump