Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2023, 09:40 PM   #1

Water pump runs constantly

I have a 2017 Dynamax Isata 3. Just purchased and have been dewinterizing and finding problems. After finally getting my water pump to actually pump water I have discovered that the pump does not shut off. The fresh water tank has been filled and each faucet run and bled till clear of antifreeze. I cannot find any leaks anywhere in or out of the coach. Today, I noticed a cavitation sound where the exterior shower is attached. It is the same panel that hast a three way valve. City,Tank and Normal. When the shower unit is turned off I can hear a loud cavitation sound but no apparent leaks. This coach has a demand type water heater which does not have its own shut off valves and when winterizing antifreeze must be run through the heater. There doesn’t appear to be any leaks around this device.
rwpeter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 04:28 AM   #2

Cavitation sound? I had to look that up and I still don't know what sound you're hearing. It sounds like you think there is a leak back there and you could be right. If they didn't winterize that shower line, it might have developed a leak. It's an easily overlooked connection.

The water pump continues to run if it's trying to pressurize the lines. I suppose it could continue to run if it's been pressurized.

At this point, you probably could check by running the pump and check fresh water indicator and see if the level continues to go down. If it does, the leak could be anywhere and the water could be filling the underbelly.
Old 05-17-2023, 10:08 PM   #3

I was able to figure out my problem. I believe the “Anderson valve “ was installed improperly.
With a full tank of water, if I have the Anderson valve set to “normal “,which is where it is supposed to be, the pump continues to run. If I set the valve to the “tank” position, nothing happens. When I set the valve to the “city” setting everything works as it should. I’m not sure what this valve looks like but since I dry camp and things are working, I’m going to leave it the way it is.
rwpeter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 12:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwpeter12 View Post
I was able to figure out my problem. I believe the “Anderson valve “ was installed improperly.
With a full tank of water, if I have the Anderson valve set to “normal “,which is where it is supposed to be, the pump continues to run. If I set the valve to the “tank” position, nothing happens. When I set the valve to the “city” setting everything works as it should. I’m not sure what this valve looks like but since I dry camp and things are working, I’m going to leave it the way it is.
Glad you found the solution. Keep doing that.

The only caution would be to not run the water pump if you happen to connect to city water.

Tags
pump, water, water pump