RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2020, 07:51 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Filterman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: White Rock BC
Posts: 393
Water Pump wonít Shut Off @ 12.1V

I have a Flojet 3526 water pump in a 2011 28RKS Wildcat that this season has decided it wonít shut off below 12.1 volts. Works perfectly on 110V either plugged in or from generator and works fine on fully charged batteries (13.5) but as soon as voltage drops ( which it frequently does when boondocking) it wonít build enough pressure to shut down. Does this mean itís hatched or is there something Iím missing? Thanks in advance.
Floyd
__________________
Floyd & Carolyn
2012 F150 S/crew 4X4 6.2L 6Spd Tow Max Firestone airbags. 2011 28RKS Wildcat. Yamaha 3000iseb Gen.
2014 57 nights.2015 116 nights
2016 96 nights .2017 72 nights. 2018 157 nights
Filterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 08:27 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
SeaDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Idaho
Posts: 8,089
What it means to me is that at the low voltage there is not enough amperage to allow the pump to build the pressure to trip the pressure switch. recharge your batteries sooner and you should eliminate the problem.
__________________
Retired Navy
Jake my sidekick (yellow Lab) 10/04 - 05/20
2017 RAM 2500 CC 4X4 Cummins Diesel
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 09:30 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filterman View Post
I have a Flojet 3526 water pump in a 2011 28RKS Wildcat that this season has decided it wonít shut off below 12.1 volts. Works perfectly on 110V either plugged in or from generator and works fine on fully charged batteries (13.5) but as soon as voltage drops ( which it frequently does when boondocking) it wonít build enough pressure to shut down. Does this mean itís hatched or is there something Iím missing? Thanks in advance.
Floyd
You can likely adjust your pressure to shut the pump off at a slightly lower setting as well.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 09:34 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,083
After looking at the manual it appears that model is not adjustable. Here is a link to the data sheet:

https://www.xylem.com/siteassets/bra...xautomatic.pdf
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 02:10 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Filterman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: White Rock BC
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
What it means to me is that at the low voltage there is not enough amperage to allow the pump to build the pressure to trip the pressure switch. recharge your batteries sooner and you should eliminate the problem.
Your analysis matches mine! However weíve done 100s of nights of dry camping and this problem just started so Iím trying to figure out if itís replacement time.
Filterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 02:11 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Filterman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: White Rock BC
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
You can likely adjust your pressure to shut the pump off at a slightly lower setting as well.
I actually looked at that but doesnít seem to be adjustable ( per your next comment).
Filterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 06:12 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,410
Water pumps are generally cheaper than batteries...but a battery that is getting towards end of life will allow the voltage to sag more than when the battery was younger.

12.1 volts at rest is approximately 50% charge for an FLA battery.

just saying fixing one might not fix the other
Fred W
pgandw is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
pump, water, water pump

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 AM.