Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2017, 02:51 PM   #1

Water Supply Connection - Leak

So I was given a basically new toilet by a family member that bought a new RV and they upgraded their stock toilet. They had the shop doing the update box up the new unused one for me. So I installed it right before winterization last year along with other work I was doing to my fifth wheel... Now I have an issue. I hooked up the water supply and it high pressure leaks. Arn't the threads on the water supplies for RV toilets all the same? I didn't use thread tape but there wasn't any orginially on the orginial toilet... Should I use some? I havn't checked but a buddy said maybe there is a gasket on the female side coming from the rv...? I was thinking about replacing the supply line with a new steel braided line with an cut off valve built into it anyways...

Basically what do yall think my problem is? Is there any special ways these supply lines should be hooked up.
2013 Ford F-350 Ultimate Lariat Edition with 6.7 Power Stroke
chiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:28 PM   #2

2 things to check. 1 look to see if the rubber cone shaped seal is in the female connection attached to the pex, if not pull it from the valve on the old toilet, sometimes they will stick in the valve when removed. 2 if the washer is there replace with a new washer, old one might be damaged. Ok, 3 things. This be the bad one. If there was water in the valve it may have broke. Was it winterized with antifreeze? If not or just blown out with air there could have been water left in it to freeze. Good luck.
Dwilcox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water supply