Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2021, 10:21 PM   #1

Water, water ... not a drop to drink. PLEASE, HELP!!

Ntm 2020 Sunseeker 2350LE. Tried to partial gravity fill fresh, but overflowed exterior inlet with less than 1/4 tank. Then, when hooked up to cg water, pressure regulator inline, NO FLOW. Water hose is filled tight, regulator in range, but no water is going into the RV. Removed regulator, still no flow. Am I missing a valve somewhere? Why wont water go into my RV?!?! Please help!!
enjoytheparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 11:24 PM   #2

Look to see if vent is completely open... not plugged. Check all valves for proper alignment.
bzac1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 06:05 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzac1954 View Post
Look to see if vent is completely open... not plugged. Check all valves for proper alignment.
Im sorry, but ... what vent??
Old 05-11-2021, 06:53 AM   #4
dotsonjc

Things to Check

Fresh Water Tank: Sounds like you may have issue where your fresh water tank fill is pressurizing. When filling verify there is air coming out the vent tube. When you remove the fill hose, does it want to back spray out the inlet?

City Water: There is a check valve in the fill connection. Remove the vent and press the valve to make sure it isn't stuck (make sure you stand to side when pressing the valve so you don't get sprayed).

Past:
2012 Coachman Freedom Express 22DSX
dotsonjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 08:21 AM   #5
Site Team

A few dumb questions...

Is this your first time connecting to the city water? Have you ever gotten water to run through it before?

Are you sure you're connecting it to the right inlet? I have read stories of stickers being switched with the black tank flush on some rigs.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 08:29 AM   #6

if it is your first time, there have been reports that the water inlet tube going to the fresh tank is kinked

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 09:45 AM   #7

Something else to check, cuz it happened to me this past weekend

Tt the last campground, they installed a regulator on the hose bib, which had a relief thingy and when I screwed on the RV hose, the thingy was pressed and water wouldn't flow.

Found it by removing hose and confirmed water was flowing then I found that little bugger, the hose filter screen was pressing the thingy and stopping water

Once I removed the regulator, all was right in fresh water-ville

As for gravity filling the tank, it doesn't take much volume to backup the fill neck, are you using a short hose that helps with releasing air when gravity filling?

And last, have you removed the cg water, turned on the water pump in the RV, do you get water from what is in the fresh tank?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-05-11 074407.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	254211  
Toy4Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 09:56 AM   #8
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoytheparade View Post
Ntm 2020 Sunseeker 2350LE. Tried to partial gravity fill fresh, but overflowed exterior inlet with less than 1/4 tank. Then, when hooked up to cg water, pressure regulator inline, NO FLOW. Water hose is filled tight, regulator in range, but no water is going into the RV. Removed regulator, still no flow. Am I missing a valve somewhere? Why wont water go into my RV?!?! Please help!!
Your statements are confusing.

First you say you tried GRAVITY filling the fresh tank and it overflowed at 1/4 tank... how fast were you filling it? Gravity fill can be cantankerous and you can't force a full stream into them. Fill slowly.

Then you say when connected to campground water (with a regulator) no water flows into your camper. What are you connected to? The city water inlet or something else? As mentioned, many times connections get labeled incorrectly.

The city water inlet does have a check valve built into it to keep pump pressure (when not connected to city water) from allowing water to spit out the city water connection when using the pump but if it is stuck, it may not allow city water in.

More information is needed.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 08:35 PM   #9

What Dotson meant to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotsonjc View Post
Fresh Water Tank: Sounds like you may have issue where your fresh water tank fill is pressurizing. When filling verify there is air coming out the vent tube. When you remove the fill hose, does it want to back spray out the inlet?

City Water: There is a check valve in the fill connection. Remove the vent and press the valve to make sure it isn't stuck (make sure you stand to side when pressing the valve so you don't get sprayed).
City Water: There is a check valve in the fill connection. Remove the domed screen and press the valve to make sure it isn't stuck (make sure you stand to side when pressing the valve so you don't get sprayed)
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 06:22 AM   #10

Thank you!!

So, a stupid thing happened when I connected to city water this time...and my story should be in the thread of stupid RVing hiccups.

I’m not a newbie, but this is the first time connecting my current RV other than to dewinterize and test for leaks. It operates much differently than my previous 23yo Roadtrek van. I’ve been a bit nervous about things on this rig cuz, well, what if I mess something up?!?! All of you have been so very helpful!! Thank you, sincerely. I read all your suggestions and checked and double checked everything.

This is what happened. Got to park, leveled, surge protector in place, electricity ‘On’. Water pressure regulator installed, new filter out of package and connected to regulator, hose connected to filter and, then, connected to RV city inlet. Water turned ‘On’.

Did you catch what I missed? I did not purge the filter!!! That was the issue with my city inlet. Purged the check valve, got all the filter carbon and funk out, reset and city water started flowing!! Hallelujah!!

The gravity fill issue was, in fact, the air release, which was somehow clogged. Thank you for suggesting that as a possibility, as I would never have suspected that could have gotten clogged. It is not covered on the outside and I found pollen had settled in and was blocking the air release. I sprayed with strong stream of water and, once it was cleared, gravity fill worked perfectly.

All of your ideas and suggestions helped me to go through every step, backtrack and find the issues. Gotta say, though, I’m more than a bit embarrassed by my failure. Thank goodness there was no significant issue and all of you were so helpful. I’m feeling blessed to have link to this group.

THANK YOU, EVERYONE!!

For newbies and veterans, alike, ALWAYS purge your inline filters!!! So embarrassing.
Old 05-13-2021, 06:31 AM   #11
dotsonjc

Embarrassed? Oh goodness, that seems to be what RV'ing is all about at times. The reason many of us on this forum have advice to offer is that we've been there & done that. We all learn from things that haven't gone "right" or what we've failed to do (or not do), and are happy to help others out.

Glad you found what was causing your water woes, and enjoying the new to you camper.

Past:
2012 Coachman Freedom Express 22DSX
dotsonjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:43 AM   #12

If that is your most embarrassing moment, then you truly are a bless man.

NTM 2021 Sunseeker on first trip out I did as you did with the water filter, imaging the shock when my wife was yelling that black water was coming out of the faucet

We are all here to help, some have answers, some have funny stories, but in the end, we all enjoy God's great outdoors

Enjoy
Toy4Rick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water