Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #1

Well CARP!!

So we replaced the entire faucet as the base of the spigot was leaking in our kitchen.

Still. Leaking.

BF has to pull out the sink to get the plumber's tape just right.

Still. Leaking. A lot!

Tomorrow he is headed BACK to Beaver Camper to get some more tubing and new connectors. He's guessing that's why it's leaking. Cold water only. Hot water appears ok. We think. Maybe.

Nothing dramatic, mostly annoying. BF can't hack working in small confined spaces. He insists the people who work on these trailers make a lot of money. Yeah, no. I sit by patiently and quietly...with beer.

We STILL haven't even started the HW yet. We are hoping to bring the TT up to the site tomorrow and have an overnight just the two of us. And the dog. If the stars align maybe.

Um so replacing the faucet and connectors should do it right? I mean, what else could it be?! Or dare I ask?!
SoggyGranola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #2

Durn, I thought your post was about an ugly fish..!! Anyway, tell your BF to stick with it, nothing like being a handyman.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #3

Same problem here.

Plastic hot water line connector broke. Replaced connector. Faucet body started leaking. Change faucet. Then the cold water connector started leaking because I had the audacity to disturb it. New cold water connector fixes that.

Bottom line: OEM parts are cheap on these things. They last the warranty and anything past that is bonus.

If your trailer has PEX sized plastic lines you're golden. Just cut the crap out with some PEX shears and get a decent faucet. Some PEX connectors from the local hardware store and it will (literally) outlast the trailer...

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #4

They are Pex lines and we solved the problem.

Then realized the gasket for the connector was stuck to the old faucet. We probably didn't need to replace the connector. Eh well. We wanted to see what it looked liked under the sink anyway.

By virtue of size I was the one who was elected to contort my way under the sink to reconnect the clamps. Good times.
SoggyGranola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #5

Leaky lines and contortionists

Glad you got the water leaks sorted out.
While in High School I worked for a local RV dealer as the lot rat and general go-fer. And since I was small and skinny I was selected to crawl up in those cabinets to make sure fittings were tight and such on the new rigs. Boss-man like to goose me or grab my leg and laughed his bum off when I tried to get at him. One time I wasn't as far up in the cabinet as he thought I was, I stopped the wrench about 1/4 inch from his nose. Never goosed me again after that... So, yes, cabinet crawling is not fun, at least for the person doing the crawling.

Chris in Virginia

vasnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #6

The wife and I are both in outside sales and sell High Density Polyethylene pipe and thought about changing all the crap tubing out for this stuff....lol...my wife thought I was nuts.

We sell it for Landfills, gas, sewer, and watermains and it lasts 100+ years in the most extreme conditions. It would NOT be an easy install in an RV...or a house

TV = 2016 F-150 5.0L SCREW
Pit Crew: DW (Robin)
Kids: 9yo DD (Riley), 5yo DD (Kennedy)
Security: Boxer (Harley), yorkie (Willow)
BlakeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #7
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd-ford-hd View Post
Durn, I thought your post was about an ugly fish..!! Anyway, tell your BF to stick with it, nothing like being a handyman.
Me too, thought OP was talking about the kind f1100turbo fixes in his granddaddy's old skillet.