RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 11-02-2020, 11:38 PM   #21

Blowout plug

I use a Camco RV Blowout plug, under $3 at Walmart, works great. Dealer recommended I use an oil free compressor when blowing out my water lines to prevent getting oil in the lines and to set regulator to 40 lbs or less.
mjmahurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 04:32 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTCMCB View Post
There I was minding my own business and Amazon wants to sell me this.
(SEE THE PICTURE)

My thoughts:

Why do I need this?

What adapter do I need to make the air fitting I have on my compressor stay attached while I blow the water line clear?

Will my wife hold the air fitting I have in place for me?

Can I use my bicycle hand pump with this to clear the air lines?

How much would I have to pump to clear the lines?

Does anyone else have this and Iím the only one not smart enough to see the benefits?
I use this one instead and actually used my Ryobi air compressor attatched to it to blow out my lines last year. Just remember don't use more than 30 lbs of pressure. https://www.amazon.com/Winterize-Mot...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
harleyfltri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 09:57 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTCMCB View Post
There I was minding my own business and Amazon wants to sell me this.
(SEE THE PICTURE)

My thoughts:

Why do I need this?

What adapter do I need to make the air fitting I have on my compressor stay attached while I blow the water line clear?

Will my wife hold the air fitting I have in place for me?

Can I use my bicycle hand pump with this to clear the air lines?

How much would I have to pump to clear the lines?

Does anyone else have this and I’m the only one not smart enough to see the benefits?
I never bought an adapter. I just use a garden hose I cut off leaving the male end, inserting my air line in the cut off end and tighten a hose clamp around it. Inset my air compressor at 25 psi and open the spigots. I first drain my low point drains and drain the hot water tank leaving the anode rod out. Then i unhook the air line and use on board pump to flood the lines with RV antifreeze. I put the caps back on the low point drains as well. Insects could make there nest in the openings.....
Mandog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 12:51 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkatb View Post
Yes we have one.

We carry an air compressor to top up tires as needed.

That pump will pressurize the water system for winterization thru that fitting.

Half a gallon of antifreeze for the drains and water pump instead of three gallons to do it the other way.
We use this one. Very handy (Once a year!). Lol

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZSF8Z57..._tHzOFbT3QWC41
JDFilkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 02:57 PM   #25

2017 Coachmen Chaparral 336TSIK. We live in our RV year round and to be safe if we leave the trailer for more than a couple days we winterize with 2 gallon of RV anti freese. The one time I tried air it froze a small joint and I needed to replace it. Use anti-freese to winterise, flush till all outlet water turns pink, including your outside shower and you will guarantee no froze up lines. Oh yeah, I live in Alberta Canada where it it does get down to 40 below celsius.
Dale Meyn is offline   Reply With Quote