Old 08-29-2015, 02:54 PM   #1

Wilderness 26TBSS Low Point Drains Leak

Last winter when I winterized the TT I went to the low point drains that stick out of the bottom at the rear and attempted to remove the caps to drain them. I used a wrench to attempt to unscrew the caps and one appeared as though it broke loose, but in fact, it was just the PVC pipe spinning instead. After some very frustrating attempts to remove the caps, I gave up and continued to winterize.

When I got o the point of pulling the antifreeze into the system, the water pump pulled it in and then turned off when it was pressurized, only to turn back on again every few seconds with all of the faucets turned off. I finished running the antifreeze through all of the faucets and then went outside and saw that the area below the low point drains were soaked.

I am not sure of what to do now since I don't think that the caps are loose (they never budged) but I am afraid that when the pipes were spinning, they probably broke a seal or something. Since these pipes disappear into the underbelly of the TT, I am not certain how they connect to the water system. Does anyone have any advice on how these pipes are connected and if the spinning of those pipes could have caused the leak. We will be camping for the first time this year on Labor Day weekend when I was reminded of the leak when no antifreeze came out of the faucets and I saw a small wet spot on the ground under the cold low point drain. Ugh. Thanks for any help!

Old 08-30-2015, 11:28 PM   #2

After looking further today, it looks like the caps were loose causing the leak. I read a few posts on here and ended up replacing the caps at the end of both drain hoses with a ball valve. Should take the hassle out of trying to get those caps off. Now, just turn a lever!

Tags
26tbss, drain, leak