Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2020, 12:33 PM   #1

winterizing first time

i just winterized my 2020 TT for the first time by filling my water lines with AF and dumped some in my traps. I also blew out the black tank flush line, and then i read that the "city water inlet" also needs to be winterized. I did not realize it until i had put it to bed for the winter already. Is it necessary to fill that line with AF? if so, if i have my faucet valves closed, would the water in the line come out of the flush valve of the toilet?
Snickers.1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 01:01 PM   #2

I personally dump some AF into a hose that is hooked up to my city water hookup. I apply air pressure (for me it is ab out 20 psi) and blow the antifreeze into the system. I am rather paranoid about winterizing my TT because it only takes one frozen pipe to cause a lot of problems.
BarabooBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 01:12 PM   #3
D W

My last step in winterizing the plumbing is to close all the faucets,engage the water pump to pump up the system with pinks stuff. When the pump shuts off I go outside to the CW connection, pull the screen out, stand off to the side and reach in with my finger and push the check valve button. It will shoot all the water out along with a stream of pink stuff behind it. Button it up and I'm done.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 03:59 AM   #4

I did purchase a hand siphon pump for rv's from Amazon. Once it comes in, I'll be pumping some AF in the inlet. Hoping that the water, if any, that I displace will not dilute the AF too much. After this, my plan is to list my steps so I don't miss any until I get into a yearly routine.
Snickers.1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
My last step in winterizing the plumbing is to close all the faucets,engage the water pump to pump up the system with pinks stuff. When the pump shuts off I go outside to the CW connection, pull the screen out, stand off to the side and reach in with my finger and push the check valve button. It will shoot all the water out along with a stream of pink stuff behind it. Button it up and I'm done.
Same thing I do. Forgot to stand to the side the first time, learned my lesson.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:54 AM   #6
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Same thing I do. Forgot to stand to the side the first time, learned my lesson.
X2

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first time, winter, winterizing