Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2020, 06:10 PM   #1

12V Interior lighting issue

Newbie poster here.I have a 2017 Grey Wolf 23DBH that has had basically zero issues over the last 4 years. Last weekend, while connected to shore power we lost power due to rain storm for about 5 hours. The middle row of lights down the center of the living room are controlled by a separate switch on the control panel by the door as well as the push on/off functionality of the lights. All worked fine that evening on battery power and I turned off the lights at the switch when we went to bed not knowing when the power would come back on. Shore power came back on at midnight and apparently tripped the GFCI outlet in the bathroom. In the morning I tried to turn on that center row of lights at the switch after I reset the GFCI outlet and nothing happens. Tried the push on/off on each of them as well and still nothing. All other lights work fine by using the push on/off button on the light. Is it possible the switch controller went bad or is there a separate 12V fuse location for that center row of lights somewhere?
routhtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 01:46 PM   #2
Site Team

I don't know about your particular unit, but there is likely a separate fuse for that section of lights.

Do you have a remote control for those lights? If so do you know where the receiver for it is? There will be fuses on it.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:55 PM   #3

unfortunately no remotes for the lights with my trailer. After reading more posts in the electrical forums i need to see if i have an inline 12v fuse up near the front of the trailer frame and try and reset it. Unfortunately i didn't take the trailer off the shore power to do more trouble shooting of other 12v systems but will do so this weekend when i am back where my trailer is for the summer.
routhtm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light