Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2021, 10:12 PM   #1

12v system issue

We are at a campsite with our 2013 Berkshire. We are plugged in to shore power. It appears that the 12v system is drawing from the chassis (starter) batteries instead of the house batteries. My Magnum shows that the house batteries are fully charged with 0 amps being used. As I utilize 12v items, like lights and phone chargers, the house batteries remain unchanged and the starter batteries rapidly deplete. The more 12v items I use, the faster it depletes. Putting the slides out caused a huge drop in the starter battery voltage and no change in the house batteries. It is like the house is pulling from the starter batteries instead of the house batteries. Could this be a problem with the battery isolation manager? BTW, shore power is not charging the starter batteries even though it used to do so in the past once the house batteries were fully charged. Any help is appreciated.
Laserres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 03:13 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserres View Post
We are at a campsite with our 2013 Berkshire. We are plugged in to shore power. It appears that the 12v system is drawing from the chassis (starter) batteries instead of the house batteries. My Magnum shows that the house batteries are fully charged with 0 amps being used. As I utilize 12v items, like lights and phone chargers, the house batteries remain unchanged and the starter batteries rapidly deplete. The more 12v items I use, the faster it depletes. Putting the slides out caused a huge drop in the starter battery voltage and no change in the house batteries. It is like the house is pulling from the starter batteries instead of the house batteries. Could this be a problem with the battery isolation manager? BTW, shore power is not charging the starter batteries even though it used to do so in the past once the house batteries were fully charged. Any help is appreciated.

Laserres,

We would be happy to assist you with your Berkshire's power. Please contact Mike Winterrowd in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: https://www.forestriverinc.com/Direc...09859413666582.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 08:07 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Laserres,
Good morning. Do know the current battery voltage of the coach batteries? Also is the inverter/charger charging your batteries?
Lincman983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 07:41 PM   #4

The house batteries are holding at 13.2 v (while plugged in). Yes, the inverter is charging the house batteries. The starter batteries were down to 4v before I put the charger/maintainer on it.
Laserres is offline   Reply With Quote