Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2009, 01:00 PM   #1

Cool 15 AMP Fuse for SV263

We tried out our SV263 for the first time and found that one of the 15 AMP fuses is blown and every one we put in blows. The fuse controls the light over the sink, the stove fan, the outlet on the back of the dinette and the light over the table. The TT is stored in Powhattan and our dealer is in Mechanicsville, so we are trying to figure out how to fix it without having to make that trip for something which may be very simple. Any ideas?
VAlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:51 PM   #2

Does it blow with all the switches off ?
cat1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:11 PM   #3

So is it a 15amp DC automotive type of fuse or the 15amp 110V AC breaker that is blowing? Reason I ask is that "the outlet on the back of the dinette" is a standard 110V outlet correct? IF so then you are talking about 2 different circuits AC and DC which doesn't make any sense.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1956 View Post
Does it blow with all the switches off ?
Yes. After blowing several fuses, we double checked to make sure all switches were off.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
So is it a 15amp DC automotive type of fuse or the 15amp 110V AC breaker that is blowing? Reason I ask is that "the outlet on the back of the dinette" is a standard 110V outlet correct? IF so then you are talking about 2 different circuits AC and DC which doesn't make any sense.

You are right - it doesn't make any sense. I think we will take it in. It is the 15amp automotive type of fuse that is blowing. I'm thinking it is possible we nicked a wire when inserting a bolt for the curtain, or the bolt is hitting against a wire.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:19 PM   #6
Knower of Some Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAlover View Post
You are right - it doesn't make any sense. I think we will take it in. It is the 15amp automotive type of fuse that is blowing. I'm thinking it is possible we nicked a wire when inserting a bolt for the curtain, or the bolt is hitting against a wire.
Very possible. Unfortunately, it's a PITA to diagnose. I've gone as far as pulling one screw at a time until the problem went away. I also use the auto reset fuses to diagnose the problem, as it gets real expensive to keep replacing the fuses. You can also use a battery charger and watch for sparks, or the simple volt-ohm meter.
PumaPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:22 PM   #7

Talking 15 AMP issue resolved

The dealer found our problem right away. We had installed a space saver coffee pot under a cabinet by the sink. You guessed it - we cut a wire in the process. If we had wanted to find the wire, we probably never would have. Who knew there was an important wire running through the bottom of a cabinet! So much for our modifications. We are now ready for vacation.

Don and Laura + Roo
Chesapeake, VA
Old 06-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #8

Glad you got it fixed.
cat1956 is offline   Reply With Quote