Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2022, 07:43 AM   #1

2009 Salem M-403FB 12V Schematic

Hello,

I currently have a 2009 Salem M-403FB trailer that has been parked seasonally for a number of years, and we are the second owners.

We had some 12v electrical issues and have had to replace the stereo, invertor, and batteries, but we have a surge protector on the shore power.

For the last couple of years we have had to manually extend and retract our slides as there seems to be an isssue in the 12v wiring we have been trying to sort out, and looks like the batteries were bypassed at some point.

Does anyone have a schematic or layout out of how the 12v circuit works from the Invertor to batteries and Slide, I am wondering if some of these thermal breakers under the trailer are defective?

Thanks
Jojo_Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 08:20 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo_Madman View Post
Hello,

I currently have a 2009 Salem M-403FB trailer that has been parked seasonally for a number of years, and we are the second owners.

We had some 12v electrical issues and have had to replace the stereo, invertor, and batteries, but we have a surge protector on the shore power.

For the last couple of years we have had to manually extend and retract our slides as there seems to be an isssue in the 12v wiring we have been trying to sort out, and looks like the batteries were bypassed at some point.

Does anyone have a schematic or layout out of how the 12v circuit works from the Invertor to batteries and Slide, I am wondering if some of these thermal breakers under the trailer are defective?

Thanks
An electrical schematic doesn't exist.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 08:27 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
An electrical schematic doesn't exist.
Okay but does anyone know how the wiring should be between the invertor to the slide and batteries?

The best I can tell is that it looks like the slides were being powered thru the batteries and not the invertor at all
Old 03-16-2022, 09:45 AM   #4

welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. First I believe what you are calling an inverter is actually a converter 110V to 12V. the slides should be wired directly to the batteries thru a reset link, look along the frame downstream of the batteries for a small rectangle box with a reset button. Have you checked you converter to see if it is actually working and charging the batteries? X2 what bikendan said
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 08:40 AM   #5
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo_Madman View Post
Okay but does anyone know how the wiring should be between the invertor to the slide and batteries?

The best I can tell is that it looks like the slides were being powered thru the batteries and not the invertor at all
The wiring depends on the type of slide you have. Do you have Lippert "thru frame" slides?
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 04:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. First I believe what you are calling an inverter is actually a converter 110V to 12V. the slides should be wired directly to the batteries thru a reset link, look along the frame downstream of the batteries for a small rectangle box with a reset button. Have you checked you converter to see if it is actually working and charging the batteries? X2 what bikendan said
On my Lippert thru frame slide it's wired directly to the battery with a 30 amp inline (ATO) fuse. The resettable circuit breaker merely serves the wire connecting battery to power distribution panel.

Inverters are almost always wired directly to batteries due to the high current draw and will have their own fuse.

On the slide, it's a good idea to check for power at the back of the slide switch. If power is there, and is switched to the motor lead when switch is operated, good chance the slide motor (on through frame type) is down for the count.

Check Lci.com for slide service manuals pertaining to your type of slide.

They actually contain a wiring diagram for slide switch and motor.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 10:13 AM   #7

Here are some photos that I am trying to make sense of

RV Wiring Photos

Tags
12v, salem