Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2011, 08:50 PM   #1

2010 Rockwood roo CONVERTER problem???

I have a 2010 rockwood roo 233S we purchased brand new 15 months ago - immedietly after purchase I installed a second battery for dry docking- Never had any problems with the camper till NOW - Normally when I hook to shore power the lights on the test panal (battery charge, grey ,black, fresh levels) would aalways read full while hooked to shore power. and when not hooked they would discharge normally and never got below 1/3 charge - the camper has been hooked to shore power for a few weeks and when I went to turn 12v lights on in the camper I realized they were all dim and the panel was showing a discharged battery - Air conditioning and all the 120 appliances work but the 12 v stuff -isnt working- If I hook the truck up to the camper via wiring harness it seems to charge the batteris a bit - but the shore power is not charging the batteries- I checked all fuses and breakers in panel - and even took the panel cover off to see if there is a inline fuse going to the converter to no avail - I did have shore power hooked up to the camper alot longer than I usually do and was wondering if thaty could be the issue ( surge came thru) ??

This camper is relativly brand new and am fairly certain that both batteries cant be faulty - It seems that shore power is definatly making it to the camper because all the 120 is working but after it leaves the converter its not charging/powering anything - and when I hook up truck side it seems to charge the batteries ok -

Does this sound like a converter issue??
What would cause the converter to go up on a brand new camper??
Has anyone had simalar issues??
And does anyone know if this is would be covered under warrenty !?
mdbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #2

I had the same issue and it was a circuit breaker. Check around you batteries and or along the frame for a breaker. Looks like 2 stude with a plastic casing around it. Reset it. See if that works. That was my issue. Maybe the smae and it a simple fix.
mikegp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #3

I am having the same issue right now.. did you manage to find out what was the issue?
ronald is offline   Reply With Quote