Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2020, 09:11 PM   #1

2011 flagstaff 625D - Electrical issue

Good Morning,

I have just purchased a 2011 flagstaff 625D and am having some electrical issues. When connected to shoreline power through a 30 AM I get interior lights, radio and the outlets to work but nothing else.

I can not get fan, A/C or fridge to work.

The battery and fuses all look ok. The circuit breakers are not tripped and the fuses look good in the WF-8712P Power center.

I believe the 30 amp fuse by the battery is also good?

What am I missing?

Please help...

John
Jhagelberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 11:23 PM   #2
Site Team

What are you connected to for this 30 amp connection? Are you at your house or a campground, etc?

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
What are you connected to for this 30 amp connection? Are you at your house or a campground, etc?
Yea good question...sounds like a home outlet wired wrong again.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 02:39 AM   #4

For the AC, did you plug the cord from the bottom half of the box into the top half before you raised it? That’s where the AC gets its power. The fridge changes from 12v to propane to 120vac by switching the switch under the vent cover on the outside of the camper.

Good luck,

Joe
Past: 2018 Flagstaff MicroLite 21FBRS
Past: 2005 Flagstaff Classic 625D
TV: 2016 Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost
marinerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:59 AM   #5

Yes connecting to my house for shore line. I do not believe there is a wiring issue with the house.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:04 AM   #6

@ Joe - I did not connect a cord before raising the roof. That certainly could be the problem.

But just so i understand correctly - the power for the A/C unit is hard wired (yellow wire) from the power box to the A/C roof top unit (which is a Coleman Mach 9330E715) so where would the cord be to check? Is it in the Coleman Mach rooftop unit itself? I do not see any toggle switches or anything else on the roof as a shut off and I checked there is no shut off outside on the frame itself.

I am sure I am just missing something small but it sure is frustrating LOL

Thanks,
John

Old 08-10-2020, 10:37 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhagelberger View Post
Yes connecting to my house for shore line. I do not believe there is a wiring issue with the house.
How are you connected to your house. What kind of outlet are you plugged into. I have a reason for asking this.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:49 AM   #8

Thank you for asking...So connected from house via an extension cord to a 30 amp Camco electrical adapter similar to the one pictured below into the RV plug. I never have had an issue with the house outlet so I believe that is fine.

Old 08-10-2020, 01:59 PM   #9

2011 flagstaff 625D - Electrical issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhagelberger View Post
@ Joe - I did not connect a cord before raising the roof. That certainly could be the problem.

But just so i understand correctly - the power for the A/C unit is hard wired (yellow wire) from the power box to the A/C roof top unit (which is a Coleman Mach 9330E715) so where would the cord be to check? Is it in the Coleman Mach rooftop unit itself? I do not see any toggle switches or anything else on the roof as a shut off and I checked there is no shut off outside on the frame itself.

Thanks,
John

John,

There’s a cord with a standard 15 amp female plug on it that pulls out from under a plastic cover forward of the slide. That’s what plugs into the upper (roof) half of the camper. It provides camper ac power to the air conditioning unit on the roof.

And another thing, if you’re plugging your camper into a standard 15 amp outlet at the house, you might be able to run your air conditioning for a very short while before you trip the breaker inside the house panel.

Joe
Past: 2018 Flagstaff MicroLite 21FBRS
Past: 2005 Flagstaff Classic 625D
TV: 2016 Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost
marinerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, electric, electrical, flagstaff