Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2013, 09:29 PM   #1

2013 Palomino Solaire LED Awning Lights

I purchased a 2013 Palomino Solaire TT. It has the power awning with the LED lights down the awning structure. I have only taken it out once and it was too windy to use. The problem is that there are some spots down the LED strip (maybe 4) where the lights don't light up. I got a ladder and felt the spots and pressure would cause the led's to come on. Is this common? could it be a loose connection? I will take some pictures and send to my dealer. My dealer is two hours away and dont want to make that trip unnecessarily.
Thanks
Mike
howellma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:01 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

I had that issue with one set of 4 (how they are wired to work with 12 volts) and I just pressed on the single LED that had a bad connection (red did not work - all other colors did) to the printed circuit board that runs the length of the tape. After pressing it till it lights; it stayed lit until we packed up and moved to a new campground. Last 4 times I used it it worked just great.

The strip can be repaired if you are handy with a small soldering iron and have a replacement strip of 4 that works (off the end maybe).

If it came from the factory that way, I would have them replace the entire tape.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf How-to Handbook.pdf (1.22 MB, 72 views)
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #3

Thanks,
headed out this weekend so i can play with them some more. I plan on taking some pictures to document it and then will contact dealer. i wonder how hard it is to slip them in???? I am pretty capable, mechanical eng by trade but would prefer not to have to work on it.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #4

Well, I took some pictures and emailed the dealer, couldn't send the pictures but had them if they wanted, emailed last week sometime. Got a call today from the service department. They ordered me a new light strip and did i want to bring it in for install or would i like it mailed to me?? Well i am more than handy and as they are about 2 1/2 hours away i asked for them to mail them to me and i will send the old ones back! I like that! I wonder if this is a common problem. I would like to add the color changing LED lights underneath though, that would be cool.

Tags
awning