Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2013, 01:31 AM   #1

2013 Roo with possible electrical issue

Please help! I have a new Roo that I brought home 7/11 and have camped in 9 nights total that has recently started have the strangest issue that happened once today and twice tonight (thus the 1am post). All of the sudden the a/c cuts off and will not power back on until I flip the 30 amp breaker and pull and replace both 40 amp fuses. Once I have done this the air and fan come back on. This has happened twice tonight, so far, 2 hours apart. Just so you know, nothing else is turned on but the a/c. The first time this happened the 2 fuses were blown but this has not been the case the other 2 times.

The electrical pole has been checked out as has the cord from my camper to the pole and everything looked good. As luck would have it I live 2 hour from the nearest Rockwood repair place so I would like to trouble shoot/repair this issue myself. I have another trip planned in 2 weeks that I would really hate to cancel.

Please help!
Kiwi Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #2

Could be a high surge from the campground power. Do you have any kind of surge protector installed.
Flying dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #3

could also be low voltage from the pedestal or a bad A/C.

Tags
2013, electric, electrical, roo