Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2018, 12:12 PM   #1

2014 Sunseeker 2860dS

Hi All,

having some kind of an electrical issue in the outside alley outlet and 12v lighting. I have one receptacle not working at all and I replaced the wall light bulb with LCD but barely lights (work fine inside unit). Also Ceiling Light doesn't work at all.

Any input would be most helpful as we just started a 6 week trip and I need those darn lights!

Thanks.
ramehrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 04:01 AM   #2
Road Trippin

The first thing I would check is if you have a tripped GFI on one of your plugs. Check your outlet in your bathroom or by your kitchen area. One of your plugs will have a little button that needs tok be pushed to work. I know in my RV a 3011 Forrester the plug in the bathroom controls all the plugs in the kitchen area. If it is tripped none of the work.

The next thing I would check is the circuit breaker. Make sure they are all on and none of them tripped. Sometimes it's hard to tell depending on where your circuit breaker is located. You might be best to just shut them all off and then push them back up to turn them on.

You also may want to pull that bulb out and try it in a light that you know works. You may have a faulty light bulb.

Lastly check your fused. Start at your fuse box and pull them. Take a look and see if any are burned. If you had power on while changing the bulb you may have blown a fuse.

Good luck and keep us posted if you figure it out.
pismolocal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, sunseeker