Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2021, 08:43 PM   #1

2016 Flagstaff 27VRL Inverter (s.b. Converter) problems

I recently bought a used 2016 27VRL from a friend of mine and I’ve noticed an issue with it. The slides won’t let out unless it’s hooked to shore power. The outriggers and lights are the same way. When plugged in, all is well. Only when trying to operate on shore power do I have issues with it. The tongue jack works fine but that seems to be the only thing that works on just camper battery. I think the outriggers worked when plugged up to my truck but they didn’t on battery. Any idea on how I could test the inverter or other suggestions to look into? No tripped breakers and I don’t think any blown fuses.
Jbchancellor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 09:24 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. check your battery disconnect sounds like it is open. Also it best to use the correct terminology when addressing the forum so folks don't get confused. Outriggers = Stabilizers, I believe your are talking about the converter not the inverter. The converter is working if when plugged in the interior lights work and the slides work.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 09:34 AM   #3

The tongue jack doesn’t work when I open the disconnect so I know that isn’t the issue.
Old 03-02-2021, 09:57 AM   #4

Go renew the connections the from battery to chassis ground and the battery shut off switch. Wire brush terminals and frame as well as the hardware. Use dielectric grease upon reassembly. Is your battery any good and fully charged. Lots of exposed connections on the underside of tt
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 10:11 AM   #5

I’ll try that. It did sit up a while with the previous owner. Maybe something corroded. I want to say when it was hooked up to my truck, the stabilizers worked. I’m at work now and would have to hook it up to find out but I’m pretty sure plugging it into my truck gave me stabilizers but still nothing inside.
Old 03-02-2021, 12:48 PM   #6

Test your batteries with a multimeter without anything connected (pull the cables off the batteries) and see what they read. I would also load test them.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff, inverter