Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2018, 09:15 PM   #1

2019 Cherokee 27VFK lighting under range hood

Help!! The 2 LED lights under the range hood have to stay on all the time. The switch on the living room wall (in the cluster with the scare light switch and awning light switch, etc.) must be in the ON position for the kitchen overhead lights, the range hood fan and range hood center light to work. If the switch on the wall in the living room is turned OFF, none of these items work. The switch on the front of the range hood does not control the 2 outer LED lights under it. If the front room wall switch is on, they are on. In other words, if we want to use the overhead lights, the 2 LED lights under the range hood are on. At night, when we turn off the overhead lights at each individual light, there is no way to turn off these 2 LED lights. When we called Forest River, they said this is built in as a safety feature???? Does anyone else have this issue? How in the world do we turn off these 2 LED lights under the range hood and still be able to use the overhead lights and exhaust fan?
rbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:44 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. I don't understand the safety thing for the lights from FR. wired like you say I would think the only way to change that is to take them off the circuit with the overhead lights and either add them to the circuit controlling the under hood light or put them on their own switch. chasing the wires to find where they are tied in can me a real chore good luck with what ever you do.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:39 PM   #3

Here is my response from Forest River.... Confusing

You cant. Its engineered like that. If you want to change the wiring somehow, it would void the warranty on all related wiring as it is a safety feature. Once the warranty is expired, you can do whatever you want but unfortunately that is how it is made at the factory.

Kate Ankney
Owner Relations
kankney@forestriverinc.com
Cherokee, Vengeance WolfPack, Sabre
Arctic Wolf, Wolf Pup, Grey Wolf
260-499-2100 ext. 74164
Old 05-05-2018, 11:55 PM   #4

There's not a switch labeled "light" right next to the exhaust switch on the hood itself? My switch on the range hood does control the outer 2 led lights....and I am glad it does as the led lights it controls are a very cool white color which I hate. Odd that yours does not. I can shut everything down on ours with buttons/switches with the panel still set to on.
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 11:07 AM   #5

Yes, there is a switch labeled "Light". It does not control the 2 led lights. That's my confusion. It only controls the center light in the hood, and ONLY if the wall switch is on. Sounds like yours works as it should. And logically. We have to have service done since we just discovered we have a leak in the front window and I need them to explain to me how this is a "SAFETY" feature and not a miswire on their part. We have owned this unit for only 2months and I'm a little worried

Tags
cherokee, light