Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2020, 12:39 PM   #1

2019 Forester Wiring Diagram

Just installed a second house battery in my 2019 Forester. When I hooked up the ground cable there was a small arc, even though the battery disconnect switch was in the off position. Something that bypasses the disconnect switch is drawing current from the house batteries. Does anyone know what this might be? Or can someone point me to a source for a coach wiring diagram?

TIA,

CR
Charley38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 12:54 PM   #2
Site Team

No source for this. The only avenue is to contact FR or Forester/Sunseeker division. Chassis wiring probably available but not the house wiring.
Don't get your hopes up, only 2 or 3 brands will provide this to the consumer and they are the high end makes.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 01:18 PM   #3

Propane/CO detector, memory for radio, if it uses a control panel, that's on. There are little drains on the system that are not off when the battery is disconnected. If you want total off add your own. Then nothing will be on.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:16 PM   #4

There are many threads already existing on this subject. You might use the search box in the upper right corner of the page.

Here is a thread that may be of interest because the poster made up a little wiring diagram. https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ic-123496.html
Old 03-17-2020, 12:51 PM   #5

My hydraulics stay powered as well.
bucky53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 02:13 PM   #6

Two in parallel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley38 View Post
Just installed a second house battery in my 2019 Forester. When I hooked up the ground cable there was a small arc, even though the battery disconnect switch was in the off position. Something that bypasses the disconnect switch is drawing current from the house batteries. Does anyone know what this might be? Or can someone point me to a source for a coach wiring diagram?

TIA,

CR
Even if everything is disconnected from the batteries you will still get a small spark if they are at different levels of charge. The battery with more charge will be charging the other battery--current will flow, as evidenced by the small spark at the time of connection. If one battery is newer than the other, I'm not surprised.

You don't need to "fix" anything, but if you have an old battery and a new one, the new one may be limited to the charge/voltage the old one can provide.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
diagram, forester, wiring