Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2022, 11:01 AM   #1

2019 Geo Pro 14FK No electric power

We just had something happen this last weekend. We lost power to the electrical outlets even though we were plugged in at an RV park. I pushed the reset button on the inverter behind the microwave and still no power. The RV place where we bought the RV is now out of business. No circuit breakers were tripped, inside or outside. No broken fuses. Any suggestions?
RENEESTRUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 11:21 AM   #2

Stupid question.... Did you check to make certain you're getting power from the campground post and haven't tripped a post circuit breaker?

Welcome to the forum!
Old 09-27-2022, 11:52 AM   #3

Yes I did. This has happened before and the dealership reset the inverter themselves and it has worked fine. Till now.
Old 09-27-2022, 12:16 PM   #4

Do you mean converter as opposed to inverter?
Old 09-27-2022, 12:50 PM   #5

It is the the Inverter. The large silver box mounted behind the micro wave. Not easy to get to, but the reset button is reachable.
Old 09-27-2022, 12:53 PM   #6

Do you have a GFCI outlet anywhere in the trailer, usually in the bathroom?
NavyLCDR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 01:05 PM   #7

Did you lose power to everything or just the 115VAC outlets? Is your 12VDC system still working? In theory, the inverter would only have to do with the 115VAC outlets that it runs not the system as a whole also it's powered from the 12vdc side of the rig so losing all outlets and blaming it on the inverter makes me scratch my head. So I'm curious if you were to open (turn off) the breaker for the inverter and cycle the breakers for everything else do you get power back to the rest of your outlets? It is possible that you have a bad breaker and it's not tripping 100% and therefore looks like it's still good. Cycling them should return them to a normally closed (turned on) condition. The reason the "Capacitor" asked about the converter vice the inverter is due to how the rig is powered and in theory, the inverter should have nothing to do with your normally powered (powered via shore power) 115vac outlets not working. however, the converter "Battery Charger" is integrated with the power panel in most rigs and can have an effect on normal 115vac power if it's having an issue.
Chief V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 01:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
Do you have a GFCI outlet anywhere in the trailer, usually in the bathroom?
OHhhhhh good point!
Chief V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 01:41 PM   #9
Site Team

Moved thread from the General Community Discussion section to the Electrical and Charging Systems sub-forum since the OP's questions are specific to Electrical.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Forest River Forums mobile app
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 02:06 PM   #10

Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief V View Post
Did you lose power to everything or just the 115VAC outlets? Is your 12VDC system still working? In theory, the inverter would only have to do with the 115VAC outlets that it runs not the system as a whole also it's powered from the 12vdc side of the rig so losing all outlets and blaming it on the inverter makes me scratch my head. So I'm curious if you were to open (turn off) the breaker for the inverter and cycle the breakers for everything else do you get power back to the rest of your outlets? It is possible that you have a bad breaker and it's not tripping 100% and therefore looks like it's still good. Cycling them should return them to a normally closed (turned on) condition. The reason the "Capacitor" asked about the converter vice the inverter is due to how the rig is powered and in theory, the inverter should have nothing to do with your normally powered (powered via shore power) 115vac outlets not working. however, the converter "Battery Charger" is integrated with the power panel in most rigs and can have an effect on normal 115vac power if it's having an issue.
Chief, even correctly functioning breakers only move about 1/4 of the way from the ON position when tripped. As you state, you can't turn them back on without turning them fully off first.

Renee, try this sequence:
Turn the breakers at the pedestal (post) fully off, then fully on.
Turn the main (30 amp) breaker in the trailer fully off, then on.
If there is a breaker labelled Gen (for general), turn it fully off, then fully on.
If there is a breaker labelled GFCI, turn it fully off, then fully on.
If there is a GFCI outlet, press the Test button. Then press the Reset button. Did you get a click when you pressed the Reset button?

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 02:28 PM   #11

Even if there is an inverter, that is the wrong thing to look for. I don’t think the op has found the power panel and converter.
Old 09-27-2022, 02:32 PM   #12

Thank you for the info. So, after we first got the trailer I ran my hair dryer and tripped the GCFI outlet that I was using. We took it to the dealer and they did the reset. They never said what else to do. The battery system is still working. No power to any outlet when plugged in inside or out. When I get home I will try to flip all of the circuit breakers and see. We do have solar as well. I found a video online about the same thing and once he reset all of his power came back. So that's why I'm reaching out.
Old 09-27-2022, 02:34 PM   #13

Not so fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capacitor View Post
Even if there is an inverter, that is the wrong thing to look for. I donít think the op has found the power panel and converter.
Not so fast there, Cap. The GeoPro is a funny animal. IIRC, the main power comes in and they split off power for the CONverter. Everything else is powered through the INverter.

I don't know for sure, but expect that breakers for microwave, outlets, etc. are downstream from the INverter.

I'm going to tag this for the moderators so they can move this thread to the GeoPro forum because it is model-specific.

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 03:29 PM   #14
Site Team

There is no GeoPro sub-forum. If the OP wishes that their thread be moved to the Rockwood sub-forum, they can PM a moderator.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Forest River Forums mobile app
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, geo pro, power