Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2019, 06:45 PM   #1

2019 Vengeance 288V16 12V partial power available.

Greetings

On my 2019 Vengeance I only have 12V to the levelers and the hydraulic slide from the battery bank. No interior lights, no bedroom slide(12V electric) , no water pump, nada. If I connect to shore power or run the generator I get full 12V power to everything.

Additionally the batteries are not charging.

Bought it on the road so dealer is 1500 miles away and local dealers don't want to deal with slow payment of warranty claims so I guess I'm fixing myself.

Batteries look to be connected correctly in the battery compartments

12V terminals at back of converter show about 13.6V while on shore power but batteries are at 12ish at the same time.

Is there an inline fuse somewhere between the battery banks and the 12V bus?? Not finding anything.

Also this isn't normal for this coach right??? We should have interior lights and water pump without shore power or generator I assume like every other camper we have had. Having to run Generator full time while boondocking.

The inverter for the residential frig is getting 12V as well (edit)
Converted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:51 PM   #2
Site Team

As long as it's under warranty, you can use an independent RV shop or mobile RV tech. You just have to get pre-approval from FR and be willing to be reimbursed.
You may have blown the 40 amp fuses or tripped the 12v resettable circuit breaker that usually mounted along the A-frame. Just push the tiny black button to reser.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:03 PM   #3

Follow the positive cable from your battery and look for one of these (within 3-4 feet).

Push the little reset button as bikendan suggested.

2007 Surveyor SV230
- 200 Watts Solar/MPPT Controller - 220 AH Battery Bank (Two-GC2) - 600 watt PSW Inverter - (2) 2000 watt Inverter Generators - LED Lighting
2009 F150 - 5.4 Litre with Tow Package

Boon Docking 99% of the time.
boondocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
As long as it's under warranty, you can use an independent RV shop or mobile RV tech. You just have to get pre-approval from FR and be willing to be reimbursed.
You may have blown the 40 amp fuses or tripped the 12v resettable circuit breaker that usually mounted along the A-frame. Just push the tiny black button to reser.
X2
Firestone Airbag Ride Rite system
paverdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:17 PM   #5

Yea those breakers are in the left battery compartment. There are 3 and they all show 12V on both terminals off the battery bank.

There is also an on off switch in there that doesn't seem to make a difference which position it is in. I suppose I need to pull it off and see if it is working. Looks kinda cheap compared to the type on our boat
Old 06-13-2019, 06:32 PM   #6

Is the 12 volt battery disconnect on/off switch on????
TimVWulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:46 AM   #7

The switch is in the on position but I haven't tested it with an ohm meter yet. No change in state in any 12V load with the switch on or off as far as I can tell.

I did find a local shop that is going to look at it Tuesday
Old 06-17-2019, 01:34 PM   #8

Went by the camper today to do a little testing. I saw that there was another circuit breaker partially hidden up behind one of the battery boxes. I thought Ah ha, there we go.... Nope, 12.34V on both sides of that Breaker too.

So I had to pull the upper battery to get to the screws holding the On/Off switch and low and behold, the switch is bad. Voltage on the battery side and nothing on the load side with the switch in either position.

I'm going to go ahead and install an A B switch similar to my boat so I can isolate the left and right battery bank if I ever want to.

One problem solved, thanks for the help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190617_131643.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	347.8 KB
ID:	207594  
Old 06-18-2019, 04:02 AM   #9

Those battery switches ARE cheap. Unlike a marine switch, they only turn a quarter turn. Any more twisting damages the switch. $15.89, free shipping on eBay. I won't add how know this..?
JRBME is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power