Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2023, 07:47 AM   #1

2023 Sabre flh E3 code Furrion thermostat

Hey ya'll, Im getting a E3 code that appeared on a thermostat. I shut down the 110v & 12v power reset the thermostat and it worked fine for a day. The code came back, it means communication loss between the thermo and main controller. I've only had the unit for a few weeks so it could be wiring. I switched the thermostat locations and that same thermostat flashed the error code E3 on several more occasions in it's new location. Now the other thermostat is flashing the error code as well. So far both have not coded at the same time. I thought I had it figured for a bad thermostat but this may be a bad main controller.
Does anyone know where the main controller is at?
How can I specifically test the main controller with a voltage/ohm meter?
I'm a long time camper owner so I fully understand that my camper is under warranty and my repairs could void it. I also have come to terms with this a camper or two ago, if you want something done right and in a timely fashion you just need to do it yourself. So in advance we can save the it's under warranty discussion for someone that likes hotel rooms. Any help from someone that has specific knowledge of the electrical workings of the new Furrion systems is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, still a happy camper
Stevemindi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 01:19 PM   #2
clr

My unit also flashed the E3 code but it stayed on. The AC would not work. It turns That there is a control board inside the AC unit on the roof of the unit. That control board in my case went bad. the replaced the control board in the AC and the unit worded well from that point on.
You are correct in that an error code of E3 is a lack of communication between the thermostat and the control board within the ac unit.
If both of your ac units are having the same error from time to time I would look at the thermostat or the wiring between the thermostat and the units.
Good luck.
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 08:53 AM   #3

I was hoping there was a way to isolate the cause as the main controller positively with testing. Currently they both run and cycle but I still see issues with communication since they won't let the app control them. I can find them, link, but not control. It seems to further suggest it's the controller not communicating as the thermostats flash E3. I also find the temperature read outs as not right but then again that could be the placement of the probe from what I read. Thanks for the advice. I guess I'll check continuity for the wiring at all ends then swap a controller.
Stevemindi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 03:47 PM   #4

E 3 Thermostat error code

Apparently, there is no fix to the E3 code. I asked my dealer, and they told me to disconnect shore power and shut battery switch off, wait a few minutes and then turn shore power back on then the battery switch on and it will reset. It happens very frequently.
rlast1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 09:36 PM   #5

Hello we have a 2024 sabre 32gks and our unit was flashing e3 too had the dealer put a new Thermostat in and got it back Thursday and was flashing again on sat and a again on sun what do we do on this some help
DALLASCOWBOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 08:53 PM   #6

Furrion E3 Error Code fixing (the easy way)

I get this error code all the time in my 2023 Gray Wolf toy Hauler. At first I thought it was because in Tucson AZ, the temp in the RV could get over 100, but I've also seen it when temps are in the 50's...

But there is no need to disconnect any power. If you press the On/Off button at the same time as the Fan button for several seconds, the system will reboot. Then press the same buttons again, and the process will go back to the normal temperature display.

After reboot, you will hear the Fan turn on for a minute or two.

I doubt very seriously this is a wiring problem, but rather cheap computer programming on the manufacturer side.

Hope this helps some of you.
graceware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 07:35 PM   #7

more e3 code!

I have also had this problem almost since day one. Thought it might be heat related,but it"s not.Glad I didn't get a new thermostat.thought about getting one thats not programable from your phone? Will try this reset info and see if that solves the problem.thank you.
JANKURTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 08:31 PM   #8

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASCOWBOYS View Post
Hello we have a 2024 sabre 32gks and our unit was flashing e3 too had the dealer put a new Thermostat in and got it back Thursday and was flashing again on sat and a again on sun what do we do on this some help
Same issue here with the exact unit you have. Any updates on getting the error code fixed?
Herkybc130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 08:35 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herkybc130 View Post
Same issue here with the exact unit you have. Any updates on getting the error code fixed?
You might get a quicker answer if you send a PM to that particular member. Especially since that was their one and only post.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 08:42 PM   #10

e3 code

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
You might get a quicker answer if you send a PM to that particular member. Especially since that was their one and only post.
Hi, I have mostly had my battery turned off.Did the described reset might have fixed it?Will post if I find out anything.
JANKURTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 08:24 PM   #11

Update. Forest River told Camping World in Georgetown, KY that the Bluetooth function of the Furion controllers is causing the E3 error code. As the unit is under warranty, they are sending 2 new controllers sans Bluetooth capability. So a downgraded control head. Once they get installed, I will post an update.
Old 02-27-2024, 09:51 AM   #12

Update as of 27 FEB 2024. From the service technician at Camping World in Georgetown, KY. Hope this helps somebody.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was unclear on the installation process for the new single-zone thermostats meant to replace the multi-zone thermostat, so I contacted Forest River for clarification. I will need to bill 0.5 hours for this call. Forest River explained that the manufacturer incorrectly used a multi-zone thermostat to control two AC units with single-zone boards. The only way to ensure proper functionality is to install two separate single-zone thermostats. To achieve this, I'll need to remove the multi-zone thermostat and connect the single-zone thermostats directly to the AC units. One communication cable already exists from the thermostat location to one AC unit. However, the second thermostat requires a new location, necessitating a separate cable installation to the other AC unit. This will involve removing wall panels, multiple ceiling panels, and several pieces of trim, followed by their reinstallation. I estimate 7.25 hours for this additional work, bringing the total to 7.75 hours.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tags
furrion, sabre, thermostat