Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2018, 01:16 PM   #1

45 amp converter

Can I replace model 8845 power converter with model 8945? Also, does the power converter control igniting the furnace in my 39D Fleetwood Wilderness park model RV?
rnrsingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:00 PM   #2

I see no reason why you could not replace an existing 45 amp converter with another model that is also rated at 45 amps. going to one with a higher amp rating would raise concerns about the size and capacity of the cables.

your furnace runs on 12 volts dc power. this can come from either the battery or a functioning converter. these 12 volt power sources do not 'control' the lighting of the furnace. there must be a source of 12 volt power (either battery, converter, or both) but the actual control of the furnace lighting is done by the furnace control board.

there are several things that may cause a furnace to not light. among them are:
-no 12 volt power (if the blower turns on you have 12 volt power)
-no propane (tank is empty or valve turned off)
-bugs have built a nest in the gas supply orifice
-sail switch within the finance is not turning on (the blower must be running in order to generate air flow required to activate this switch.)
-air not purged from gas line
-there are probably more

if the furnace is not lighting look in the forum archives as there are many, many posts about this issue.

Tags
converter